Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH) and the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) in Little Rock, Arkansas seek a full-time BE/BC Clinical Geneticist to join as a faculty member in an academic pediatric genetics practice.
- Primary focus on pediatric clinical care, outpatient clinic and inpatient consults.
- Pediatric Genetic service receives approximately 1500 patient referral per year.
- Metabolic experience is welcomed but not required.
- Active involvement in educating medical students, residents and genetic counseling students.
- Partnership with established team to create exceptional work-life balance, including 1 in 5 call.
- Supportive environment for clinical research and innovation.
- Ample opportunity to collaborate and create multidisciplinary clinics.
- Currently subsists of 4 physicians, 3 genetic counselors, and 1 counseling assistant, specialty nurses and 2 insurance analysts with active growth plan.
- Team also includes an experienced metabolic geneticist and two metabolic nutritionists.
- UAMS offers multiple tracks for promotion and/or tenure including Clinical Attending, Clinician-Educator and Clinician-Scientist.
Aside from a robust clinical practice for young faculty, multiple growth and leadership opportunities exist including outreach, clinical research, and educational programs.
We, at Arkansas Children’s, know that children aren’t little adults, and we’re creating innovative ways to care for them – from designing kid-savvy spaces where they enjoy receiving treatment to adapting the most rigorous safety standards to protect them and ensure they reach their potential. Our expert team is specially trained to deliver quaternary and tertiary care to seriously ill and critically injured children. Arkansas Children’s serves as the clinical and teaching affiliate for the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. We hope you’ll join us as we emerge as driving force for improving children’s health nationwide!
Arkansas Children’s is a premier health care system with a 359-bed hospital in the state’s capital city. We offer families the most comprehensive pediatric care available in the state, including access to a level 1 pediatric trauma center, a world-class neonatal intensive care unit and a thriving cardiothoracic surgery program. Our staff of 505 physicians and more than 4,000 employees champion children by making them better today and healthier tomorrow. Our commitment to improving children’s health is highlighted each year through 400,000 patient visits and 14,000 inpatient admissions.
Arkansas offers countless opportunities for biking, hiking and camping among lush and peaceful settings. The arts scene will satisfy even the most enthusiastic critic – from artisan markets and festivals to the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville. Foodies in the family? Get ready to hit up some of the nation’s hottest craft breweries and dine on the very best in creative gourmet, including restaurants whose chefs have been James Beard Award finalists. Arkansas is a great place to live, raise a family and pursue an exciting career.