Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH) and the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) in Little Rock, Arkansas seek a full-time BE/BC Clinical Geneticist to join as a faculty member in an academic pediatric genetics practice.
- Primary focus on pediatric clinical care, outpatient clinic and inpatient consults.
- Pediatric Genetic service receives approximately 1500 patient referral per year.
- Metabolic experience is welcomed but not required.
- Active involvement in educating medical students, residents and genetic counseling students.
- Partnership with established team to create exceptional work-life balance, including 1 in 5 call.
- Supportive environment for clinical research and innovation.
- Ample opportunity to collaborate and create multidisciplinary clinics.
- Currently subsists of 4 physicians, 3 genetic counselors, and 1 counseling assistant, specialty nurses and 2 insurance analysts with active growth plan.
- Team also includes an experienced metabolic geneticist and two metabolic nutritionists.
- UAMS offers multiple tracks for promotion and/or tenure including Clinical Attending, Clinician-Educator and Clinician-Scientist.
Aside from a robust clinical practice for young faculty, multiple growth and leadership opportunities exist including outreach, clinical research, and educational programs.
We, at Arkansas Children’s, know that children aren’t little adults, and we’re creating innovative ways to care for them – from designing kid-savvy spaces where they enjoy receiving treatment to adapting the most rigorous safety standards to protect them and ensure they reach their potential. Our expert team is specially trained to deliver excellent care to seriously ill and critically injured children. Arkansas Children’s serves as the clinical and teaching affiliate for the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. Our promise: Unprecedented child health, defined and delivered.
Arkansas Children’s is a premier health care system with a 336-bed hospital in the state’s capital city and a second 24-bed hospital and campus in northwest Arkansas. Arkansas Children's Hospital is among the largest children's hospitals in the United States and is the only tertiary care facility for children in the state of Arkansas. ACH is ranked in 5 specialties by US News & World Report in addition to being a MAGNET-recognized hospital, a level 1 pediatric surgery center, and a center of excellence in pediatric sedation. ACH was also voted Best Place to Work in Arkansas for 2019.
Located in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains, Little Rock is a culturally diverse city with the friendliness of the South. The area offers affordable housing, quality school options, a mild climate, excellent cultural and artistic venues along with numerous outdoor recreational opportunities. With population exceeding 700,000, greater Little Rock offers the most desirable features of large cities without sacrificing ease of access and convenience.
Arkansas offers countless opportunities for biking, hiking and camping among lush and peaceful settings. The arts scene will satisfy even the most enthusiastic critic – from artisan markets and festivals to the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville. Foodies in the family? Get ready to hit up some of the nation’s hottest craft breweries and dine on the very best in creative gourmet, including restaurants whose chefs have been James Beard Award finalists. Arkansas is a great place to live, raise a family and pursue an exciting career.