Landing PageHeart Failure Cardiologist
Heart Failure Cardiologist
An opportunity to join the #1 heart care program in the country and a top ranked hospital nationwide per U.S. News and World Report 2018-2019 Best Hospital Rankings.
The Miller Family Heart and Vascular Institute at Cleveland Clinic is seeking a Heart Failure Specialist to join our George M. and Linda H. Kaufman Center for Heart Failure Treatment and Recovery. BC/BE in Cardiovascular Diseases and Advanced Heart Failure Transplant Cardiology. This position plays a key role in maintaining clinical care for patients referred to the Heart Failure Section at Cleveland Clinic Main Campus. Collaborates with regional health system staff and employees to help grow the Heart Failure Program including Heart Transplant and the Mechanical Circulatory Support Program.
- Contribute to the clinical care of patients with heart failure on the inpatient and outpatient service at the Main Campus. Facilitate communication with and between ancillary support staff regarding patient care needs
- Contribute to the following procedures to care for heart failure patients: right heart catheterization and right ventricular endomyocardial biopsy with an opportunity to perform left heart catheterization, select coronary angiogram, CardioMEMS device implantation, and/or intra-aortic balloon pump placement.
- Contribute to opportunities for center utilization, growth and effectiveness related to Heart Transplant and Mechanical Circulatory Support.
- Participate in Heart Failure Section Meetings and other relevant institutional meetings including the Advanced Therapeutics Committee Meeting. Participate in regulatory compliance for JCAHO/ODH/CMS
- Maintain competency in left ventricular assist devices by participating in institutional based training sessions.
- Participate in Heart Failure, Heart Transplant and LVAD Program Quality Initiatives.
- Contribute to the Heart Failure Section research efforts including participation in established research meetings (Original and Clinical Trial related).Provide education to house staff and the advanced HF fellows.
Jerry D. Estep, M.D., FACC, FASE
Section Head, Heart Failure & Transplantation
Position offers an exceptional career path to be recognized nationally and internationally with ample opportunity for research as well as education of fellows and residents. A faculty appointment at a rank commensurate with experience is available at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University.
Please include a cover letter and current CV when applying.
Cleveland Clinic is one of the world's largest and busiest health centers. Patients come to Cleveland Clinic from all over the world. We offer advanced treatment for all illnesses and disorders of the body. We enjoy a strong reputation for outstanding quality care. U.S News & World Report has declared that we are a top hospital in the country. Cleveland Clinic’s heart program has ranked No. 1 in the nation since 1995.
Eight other Cleveland Clinic specialties are ranked in the Top 10. Cleveland Clinic earned the highest ranking of any Ohio hospital.
Other specialties noted for national excellence include ENT and pediatrics. Cleveland Clinic Children's offers highly specialized pediatric care in a family-centered atmosphere. It has been ranked the best children's hospital in Ohio by Child magazine.
Cleveland Clinic was founded in 1921 as a not-for-profit group practice, integrating clinical and hospital care with research and physician education. In addition to our Cleveland location, we have Cleveland Clinic Florida, Cleveland Clinic Nevada, Cleveland Clinic Canada, and Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. Cleveland Clinic London is also scheduled to open in February 2021.
Cleveland Clinic has more than 4,200 salaried physicians and scientists on staff, representing approximately 120 specialties and subspecialties. Patients came to us from across America and from more than 180 nations. We also lead an extensive system of community hospitals in Northeast Ohio called the Cleveland Clinic Hospitals.
This system is made up of Cleveland Clinic Main Campus, Akron General Hospital, Avon Hospital, Euclid Hospital, Fairview Hospital, Hillcrest Hospital, Lodi Hospital, Lutheran Hospital, Marymount Hospital, Medina Hospital, South Pointe Hospital, and Union Hospital. Ashtabula County Medical Center is also an affiliate of Cleveland Clinic. With approximately 5,895 staffed beds, Cleveland Clinic Hospitals offers broad geographic coverage, a full continuum of care, improved quality and lower cost of care to Northeast Ohio residents.
Cleveland Clinic was named a top hospital and health system by Diversity Inc. in 2019. Companies on this list score well in talent pipeline, talent development, leadership commitment, and supplier diversity.
Cleveland Clinic values a culture where caregivers integrate diversity and inclusion throughout the enterprise. We respect and appreciate our similarities and differences; they enable us to better serve our patients, one another, and our global communities.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Smoke/drug free environment.
Any application submitted without a CV will delay the review process
Please be advised that all information entered in your application will only be shared with Cleveland Clinic and will not be distributed to third parties.