Internal Medicine Physician Job in Greenville, NC
Vidant Medical Group and the Vidant Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center, in Greenville, NC, are seeking a BE/BC Internal Medicine physician to serve on-site as Medical Director. The Medical Director will oversee the Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program and be accessible for medical consultations and emergencies when the rehabilitation program is in operation.
Opportunity Highlights Include:
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Ability to lead a multidisciplinary team of respiratory therapists, exercise physiologists, RNs and a dietician
- Strong referral network
- Clinical responsibilities will include response to medical emergencies, oversight of rehab treatment plans, and virtual care consults via the Vidant Now platform
- Monday – Friday 40 hours/week schedule
- No call
- System-wide integrated EMR - EPIC
- The Vidant Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center is located adjacent to the East Carolina Heart Institute at Vidant Medical Center and has been in operation since 1988
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include: Residency Stipend, Annual CME Stipend, Relocation, Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, Medical, Dental & Vision & Life Insurance
Vidant Health is a mission-driven, 1,512-bed health system that serves more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is made up of 12,000 employees, eight hospitals, home health, hospice, wellness centers, and Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician and provider group with more than 500 providers in more than 90 practice sites in eastern North Carolina. Vidant is affiliated with The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant has a mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina. For more information, visit www.vidanthealth.com
Vidant Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health, employs more than 500 providers in more than 90 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
NOT ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about Vidant Health and/or our Cardiac Rehab Medical Director opportunity, please contact JoAnn Barnhill at firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 252.847.3591.