The Department of Medical Genetics and Genomic Medicine at Saint Peter's University Hospital is seeking a full-time Medical Geneticist.
- Provide clinical care as part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary, comprehensive team.
- Assist with the development, establishment, and administration of a clinical genetics residency/fellowship.
The Department is led by Dr. Debra-Lynn Day-Salvatore who is recognized as an expert in the field of genomic medicine. Saint Peter's University Hospital has provided comprehensive clinical genetic services since 1992, during which time ~34,000 individual patients were seen and over 47,000 patient visits logged. The Department has been designated by the state Department of Health as central Jersey's Regional Center for Newborn Screening and General Genetic Services. In the last 15 years alone, patients were referred for evaluation, diagnosis, management, treatment, counseling, and emotional support for over 2,000 different conditions. As department chair, Dr. Day-Salvatore also oversees one of the largest comprehensive Lysosomal Disease Therapy Centers in the United States, trials orphan drugs, and provides a broad range of pre-conceptional, prenatal, and postnatal genetic counseling as well as pregnancy-specific management and treatment of maternal metabolic, lysosomal, and genetic conditions.
- Saint Peter's offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- You will work in a collaborative environment with a team that has a strong work ethic.
- The hospital is surrounded by welcoming communities, large academic centers and is minutes from wonderful homes, excellent schools, and quaint New Jersey towns.
- We are a 45-minute train ride to New York City and an easy 45-minute drive to beautiful beaches.
Saint Peter's Healthcare System was formed in 2007 and reflects the expansive scope of health and wellness services we offer to our community.
Our services are offered to all. We are a Catholic institution with a capital "C" and a small "c." We draw inspiration from our religious heritage. Our care for others is universal, extending to those of other faiths and in some cases, of no faith whatsoever. Without question, the fact that ours is a faith-based healthcare delivery system is of primary significance. At Saint Peter's Healthcare System, you will find leading-edge technology and an experienced staff. You will also find the trust and compassion that we have always been known for.
This is our legacy—our very sacred ministry.