Research Family Medicine Residency at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, Missouri is seeking a full-time MD/DO faculty member for its 36-resident, unopposed, community-based residency program in 2020. The residency has graduated over 400 physicians in its 42-year history. The residency's Family Medicine Center, Goppert-Trinity Family Care, has achieved NCQA Level III PCMH designation and sees 27,000 patient visits annually with a diverse patient population. The residency is known for the strength of its hospital inpatient training. Family Medicine faculty and residents manage care in all clinical areas, including the 36-bed Med/Surg ICU. The residency has optional training tracks in Obstetrics, Integrative Medicine and OMT. Research Medical Center is a tertiary care hospital serving urban Kansas City - including a Level I Trauma Center, accredited Chest Pain and Stroke Centers, high-risk Obstetrics, and Level III NICU.
The applicant will join a dynamic faculty including 16 full or part-time physicians, 1 clinical psychologist and 2 Pharm-D's. The faculty teach residents, medical students and pharm-D students in a variety of innovative styles and settings that value an evidence-based and scholarly approach to medical education.
The ideal applicant will have had meaningful hospitalist experience with patients 18 years of age and older, in either a private hospitalist practice or supervising in a Family Medicine or Internal Medicine residency setting. They should have interest in resident education, medical staff engagement (through committee participation), and in a leadership role within the Family Medicine hospitalist physician team and residency. Residency training and board certifications in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Internal Medicine/Pediatrics is needed.
By joining the Family Medicine faculty, you are joining HCA, the nation's top-performing health system and largest provider of graduate medical education. HCA Graduate Medical Education is one of the largest providers of residency and fellowship training programs across the nation. With more than 200 programs across 21 specialties, 43 hospitals, and 14 states, HCA GME is building the leading network of innovative, patient-centered graduate medical education communities. HCA hospitals currently train more than 3,100 residents and fellows, and will increase that number to over 6,800 by 2022.
HCA is a national network of locally managed healthcare facilities. Our purpose is simple: to make the world a healthier place by delivering the best healthcare to our patients. We do this by giving our physicians a voice in how we staff, equip, and create the best environment to deliver great care. Our national network also allows physicians to collaborate and learn from each other on an unprecedented scale. It also facilitates an environment where residents can thrive and faculty can grow.
Applicants will be accepted until qualified candidates are identified. AA/EOE. This position does not qualify for Visa sponsorship.
Founded more than 120 years ago by German physicians, Research Medical Center has become one of the crown jewels in the HCA Midwest Health System. Located in the heart of Kansas City, Research Medical Center is among the only tertiary care centers serving Kansas City proper. Over the past century, this 507-bed institution has built a tradition of serving residents in Kansas City and a 150-mile surrounding region with exceptional patient care and leading technology. Research Medical Center has completed more than $100 million in capital improvements, including new lobby and admitting areas, renovated and expanded Cancer Center and Women's Care Unit, construction of all private patient rooms and doubling the Emergency Department.
Recognizing the need for highly specialized programs to treat the critically ill, Research Medical Center has selected four specific clinical areas and designated them as a "Center of Excellence." These four centers represent a commitment by the Medical Center to provide the very best facilities, the most technologically advanced equipment and some of the top physicians and staff specialists in the region.
About Kansas City:
* Kansas City consistently ranks as one of the top 10 places to live in the U.S.
* The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people, comprised of 18 counties and 50 communities--offering a diverse economy that mirrors the U.S., allowing companies to take calculated risk and test new products.
* Home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others!
* KCI features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. New airport enhancements and renovations underway!
* On average, housing in KC is 22 percent less than the U.S. average and the average commute time is 23 minutes or less. The affordability and balance in lifestyle allow you to propel yourself personally faster without compromising your ability to access world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and sporting events!
* Kansas City is a community that feeds your passion-regardless of your interests outside of the workplace. For the sports enthusiast-check out the KC Chiefs, Sporting KC and KC Royals. For the food enthusiast-KC features four James Beard Award winning chefs and about a dozen finalists. For the creative and cultural aficionado-- internationally known museums, dynamic gallery districts and outstanding performances create a colorful palette for locals to enjoy.
* Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now. Eight key factors were considered when creating this list including work-life balance, compensation, opportunities for advancement, resources and more. Forbes, The Huffington Post, National Geographic, CNBC and Thrillist all agree, Kansas City is a top place to live and work.
Come see what we have to offer!