Psychiatrist Needed in Virginia
Winchester Medical Center seeks a Board-Certified Adult Psychiatrist to work alongside our growing and expanding Behavioral Health Team. Our primary focus is within the hospital in our inpatient unit with adults and senior adults. Our unit currently has 36 beds and this responsibility will be shared with 2-3 other psychiatrists. Training or certification in addiction medicine, consultation psychiatry, geriatric would be a plus. Further education and continued medical education in ECT can be discussed if interested.
You will experience diversity within community driven behavioral health services such as: a primary focus on inpatient, general hospital consults both face to face and via telemedicine, coverage at our Structured Intensive Outpatient Program. Home call during the month roughly 1 per week. Weekend call every 5-6 weeks. Hospital employment with competitive salary, productivity, relocation, malpractice and full benefits provided.
WMC is a tertiary care referral hospital and Level II Trauma Center. It is a part of Valley Health, a regional non-profit organization that includes six hospitals. WMC was recognized as Virginia’s #1 recommend hospital by HCAHPs and US News named WMC as one of the best regional hospitals in the nation. Offering state of the art operating rooms, a new 48-bed intensive care unit staffed by a dedicated critical care service, a sixty-bed Emergency Department that sees 65,000+ patients a year, dedicated trauma rooms, and a full complement of medical and surgical specialties.
MD/DO BC/BE in Psychiatry
The Shenandoah Valley offers safe, family-oriented communities; our region is rapidly growing with a local population of approximately 90,000. You and your family will enjoy live theater, musicals, museums, 4-season resorts, and all the amenities you will ever need. Frederick County Public Schools is one of Virginia’s most successful school divisions and there are numerous private school options as well. Close access to Dulles International Airport, Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD.
About Diamond Healthcare
Behavioral health issues—whether it’s addiction, mental illness, anxiety or other problems—affect millions of lives. But getting the right treatment and care can be difficult. Our goal is to bring top professionals and high quality behavioral healthcare to individuals and communities everywhere.
The Diamond Healthcare Advantage:
- Teamwork – Each role is essential to the success of our programs. Diamond employees know that even if they aren’t directly treating the patient, they are still affecting patient care.
- Cutting Edge Care – Our multidisciplinary teams work across the country in small rural hospitals to large urban facilities. We continually seek new courses of treatment in order to return patients to a higher quality of life and provide the best opportunity for recovery.
- Ethical – Our commitment to professionalism and ethical patient care starts at the top. The work we do here has long-term and wide reaching affects for our patients and their families and we don’t take that lightly.
- Results Oriented – We are committed to increasing the knowledge and skills of our team. From in-depth annual trainings, a leadership program, annual service awards, and opportunities for internal promotion, Diamond employees have the access they need to grow in their profession.
- Experienced – Diamond has over 30 years of experience in the field, and we’re still expanding the reach of quality behavioral health care and our array of services.
Diamond is looking for professionals who embrace the recovery process, are excited to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary treatment team and are committed to delivering the highest quality patient care possible.