Cardiac Anesthesiology in Washington's Wine Country
- Strategic growth by adding new service lines and growing established programs!
- Bringing specialty services to our communities’ means patients don’t have to travel outside of area for care!
- Strong connections to the community –local ownership and non-profit!
At Astria Health, we are passionate about our work. Our providers specialize in a variety of fields and are committed to the well-being of their community. Some of our specialists are doing procedures no other hospitals in our area are doing! With 3 hospitals, 14 primary care clinics, 24 specialty clinics, and over 100 providers; we are carrying out our vision to build sustainable healthcare organizations that deliver comprehensive quality care to improve health in the communities we serve.
Astria Health, headquartered in the heart of Yakima Valley WA, is the parent non-profit organization of Astria Sunnyside Hospital, Astria Toppenish Hospital, and Astria Regional Medical Center.
We are a privately and locally owned health system that brought together 3 local hospitals that have strong connections to our communities. In doing so, we are truly caring out our mission through:
- New or expanded patient care services
- Access to care
- New physician services
- New technologies
- Attracting and retaining engaged professionals who share our vision
ASTRIA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER –YAKIMA, WA
We have a need for a BE/BC Cardiac Anesthesiologist who will be joining the anesthesia team consisting of 2 general, 1 cardiac, and 4.5 CRNAs at our largest facility within our health system. --A 217 bed, 13 ICU, level 1 cardiac, level II stroke center, and level III trauma. (soon to be level II) This facility is the only open-heart hospital in the region with services through Astria Heart Institute. The hospital provides 1 of only 2 single stay cardiac units in the State. Facility has state of the art, comprehensive care for heart disease including emergency intervention, diagnosis, advanced treatment, rehab and preventive education/procedures (Cath lab, CIVC, EP, open heart).
- Excellent compensation package including extremely generous base salary starting at $550k p/y along with traditional employed benefit packages including hiring/commencement and relocation, CME allowances, residency/fellowship stipends, malpractice, health, vacation, retirement and much more!
- The ideal candidate will be cardiac fellowship trained or cardiac capable with TEE certification.
- Will do your own cardiac cases and work in a care team model but also can cover general cases in OR-- spine, ortho, breast, GYN (no OB), neuro, ENT, and GI procedures.
- Will perform cases in Cardiac Cath lab for our EP Cardiologist and occasional interventional work.
- CVOR volume continues to grow with the capability of doing over 200 hearts annually.
- 5 OR suites, 1 endo suite, and 1 CVOR suite.
- Cardiac cases include: B&B CABGs, aortic valve replacement, mitral valve replacement, minimally invasive mitral valve replacement, ascending aorta repairs with or without circulatory arrest and thoracic.
- Minimal call –general cases included.
Astria Regional Medical Center (ARMC) is a 214-bed facility located in Central Washington, providing a full complement of medical services including the valley’s only open-heart surgery, advanced imaging, comprehensive robotics, state-of-the-art neurosurgery, and cardiac rehabilitation ranked in the Top 10 percent of the nation. The hospital offers a wide array of inpatient and outpatient services including one of only two single stay cardiac units in the State of Washington. ARMC has 13 ICU beds, level 1 cardiac, level 2 stroke center, and level 3 trauma (soon to be Level 2) and a commitment to continuous reinvestment in state-of-the-art technology.
Medical Services include:
- Cardiovascular Care Center--at The Astria Heart Institute. State of the art, comprehensive care for heart disease including emergency intervention, diagnosis, advanced treatment, rehab and preventive education. (Cath lab, CIVC, EP, open heart)
- 13 bed ICU
- GI Services
- Geriatric Services—including Home Health & Hospice care
- Advanced imaging and radiology
- Complete lab services
- Neurosciences & Stroke Care Center
- Occupational Medicine
- Rehabilitation Service Center-including both inpatient and outpatient services
- Respiratory Care
- Robotic Surgery Center
- Surgical Services
The Yakima Valley is a growing agricultural center and one of the country’s most important agricultural hubs. As the producer of over 75 percent of the hops in the United States and the home to over 100 wineries, Yakima Valley is filled with rolling hills of fruit orchards, hops fields, and vineyards.
If the arts and entertainment is what you and your family enjoy, sit back and listen to the Yakima Symphony at the Seasons Performance Hall or a show or concert at the Yakima Capital Theater, or jazz at the Ellensburg Jazz Festival. Outdoor concerts are a special treat and offered free of charge at many of the nationally-acclaimed wineries or breweries located throughout the Valley.
With four distinct seasons, outdoor experiences are available year round. Centered within miles of some of the country’s most epic beauty, the Yakima Valley provides a balance of nature with the culture and excitement of local entertainment venues as well as some of the nation’s most exciting cities nearby.
The Pacific Northwest is a wonderful place to live for both providers and their families and the Yakima Valley is located at its center. For example, the Cascades, Mt. Adams, Mt. Rainier, Yakima Canyon, and the beautiful Columbia River Gorge can be reached within hours. And if you’re craving for the fast-pace of world-class cities-- Seattle, Portland, and Spokane are only a 2-3 hour drive.