University Hospital and Medical Center has been serving the Broward County community for more than 32 years. Our private 317-bed facility is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and staffed by approximately 440 physicians and 980 healthcare professionals.
University Hospital is convenient to Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. The hospital is known as one the of area's leading centers for innovative medical care, a reputation maintained through an ongoing program of expansion, implementation of technological advances and upgrading of the facility.
The White House designated Tamarac a "Millennium Community", and the U.S. Conference of Mayors named Tamarac one of America's most livable cities through its "City Livability Award" program.
Tamarac is a City that works! The citizens are involved and there is a unique sense of community here. Tamarac is 12 square miles located in Central Broward County. The approximate population of the City is 56,444. The City's projected population at build-out is over 60,000.
Tamarac FlorIda is located in the western portion of Broward County FlorIda. Tamarac is in the heart of the South FlorIda cultural and business climate. This central location makes Tamarac a key city for business, leisure and recreation. A great place to LIVE and PLAY!
* Behavioral health (Adult, Geriatric, Child and Adolescent)
* Cancer Services
* Digital mammography
* Emergency medicine
* Interventional radiology
* Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
* Joint-replacement program
* KId-friendly ER
* KIdney dialysis
* Orthopedic and Spine Institute
* Orthopedic surgery
* Rehabilitative Services
* Sleep Disorders Center
* Vascular care
* Weight-loss surgery
* Women's Center
* Wound-treatment Center
* Blue Cross Blue Shield Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement
* Disease-Specific-Care Certified in Total Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery by The Joint Commission
* Celebrating the first graduating class of our four-year psychiatry training program in 2015
* Readers' Choice Award winner for Emergency Room from the Coral Springs/Parkland City News three years in a row