Division Chief, Palliative Medicine
DIVISION CHIEF, PALLIATIVE MEDICINE AT HARTFORD HOSPITAL
To LEAD a highly functional team consisting of members from Social Work, Nursing, Pastoral Care, and physicians with background in Internal Medicine and Psychiatry.
Hartford HealthCare (HHC) is the most comprehensive, integrated health care system in CT. This rapidly expanding system includes six acute care hospitals, including Hartford Hospital, one of the largest behavioral health networks in New England, robust Rehabilitation and Home Care organizations, and a large multi-specialty medical group in which more than 600 engaged physicians and advanced practitioners practice primary and specialty care throughout the state. Hartford HealthCare is at the forefront of addressing provider wellness and reducing burnout.
We seek an engaged and innovative fellowship trained Palliative Medicine physician to lead a mature, dynamic Division of Palliative Medicine at Hartford Hospital, an 867 bed Level 1 trauma, academic/tertiary care medical center, and a premier teaching affiliate of the University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine. Hartford Hospital has a vibrant inpatient care model with 42,500 patient discharges and is one of the highest volume surgical hospitals as well as the highest volume stroke center in New England.
Reporting to the Chief of Medicine, the Division Chief, of the Palliative Medicine Team works very closely with the Hartford Hospital Emergency Department, Trauma, Critical Care services, Oncology, Neurosciences, Cardiovascular Services (Transplant, VAD Program, TAVR Program) and other specialty programs, covering a broad spectrum of palliative medicine.
- Last year the team saw nearly 1500 new patients in consultation and realized a 17% increase in inpatient hospice transitions
- Premier training site for the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, providing abundant teaching and clinical research opportunities
- 1,930 trauma admissions, an average of 100,000 ED visits per year and over 3,000 ICU admissions per year
- Charter member of the Memorial Sloan-Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance and an integral component of the HHC Cancer Institute and HHC Heart and Vascular Institute.
Hartford Hospital is a 748-bed, Level 1 academic/tertiary care medical center and a teaching affiliate of the University of Connecticut. Home base of LifeStar intensive care air ambulance, Hartford Hospital is a regional resource and the flagship hospital within Hartford HealthCare.
- One of the highest hospital surgical volumes in New England. 30,000 per year; 12,000 in general surgery
- 40 operating rooms with a wing of 15 state-of-the-art minimally invasive ORs and 5 robots
- 1,930 trauma admissions, an average of 100,000 ED visits per year and over 3,000 ICU admissions per year.
- Hartford Hospital has a 16-bed Surgical Intensive Care Unit, a 25-bed Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, and an 18-bed Neurological Intensive Care Unit.
- Boasts a nationally recognized 20,000 sq. ft. Center for Education, Simulation & Innovation (CESI), complete with robotic simulator and OR replicas for training
- Largest stroke center in New England and one of the first in the nation to receive the coveted Joint Commission’s Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification
- Main teaching hospital for the University of Connecticut School of Medicine, providing abundant teaching and clinical research opportunities.
- Highly competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are a member of Hartford HealthCare, the largest, most comprehensive integrated health system in Connecticut. At Hartford HealthCare, clinical education and research are supported to bring the latest technology and discoveries, clinical excellence and innovation to the patient and community. And to provide physicians access to a wealth of expertise and resources.
Located just two hours from Boston and New York City, we are in the heart of some of New England's most stunning communities offering your family nationally acclaimed school systems, a choice to live at the shore, in vibrant urban areas, or in a Kiplinger “Top 10 Best City to Raise a Family”, “Top 100 Cities in the US”, and Travel & Leisure's "Coolest Suburb in America."