Cardiology - Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant
- Perform clinical duties in all aspects of the heart failure, heart transplantation and ventricular assist device inpatient and outpatient clinical setting
- Patient care experience in cardiovascular and advanced heart failure medicine is required
- Perform procedures including endomyocardial biopsy and cardiac catherization
- Fellowship Trained in Advanced Heart Failure
- Board Certification in Cardiovascular Medicine
- Board certified/Board eligible in Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant
- Major Service line within Aurora Medical Group which employs 600 primary care physicians, 55 cardiologists and spans 15 hospitals from Green Bay to Chicago
- Candidate will join an established team of one Advanced Heart Failure & Transplant physician, one interventional Radiologist, three Vascular Surgeons and multiple Physician Extenders
- ASLMC is the flagship cardiovascular center for a large financially strong heart care system with goals to expand market share locally, regionally and compete nationally
- ASLMC is recognized as one of the “Top 50 Best Hospitals” by US News & World Reports, and is ranked as the #1 Hospital in Milwaukee for Cardiac Care
- Largest cardiovascular diseases fellowship program in the Midwest with ABIM subspecialty training programs in electrophysiology, interventional cardiology, heart failure transplantation and certification in advanced imaging
Together, we make healthy happen.
With a county-wide population of nearly a million, Milwaukee offers the best of everything you’d expect to find in a major city while retaining a hometown feel in its many and diverse neighborhoods. Culturally, Milwaukee has many options, ranging from performing arts centers, theaters and museums—including an internationally designed lakefront art museum—to one of the nation’s Top 10 zoos. Spring through Fall is the time Milwaukee comes alive with lakeshore festivals celebrating diverse ethnic cultures and cuisines. Summerfest, held for 10 days each summer, is the nation’s largest music festival. Sophisticated, scenic, affordable and event-filled, Milwaukee has an impressive array of public and private schools, including prestigious Marquette University, award-winning restaurants, world-class shopping, and—for the traveler—one of the most convenient and “user-friendly” international airports in the world. Professional sports franchises’ Bucks and Brewers and local university sports round out the Milwaukee area as a place with something for everyone.
For additional information please call us at 800-307-7497.
An ideal state to practice medicine
Wisconsin is one of the most physician-friendly states in the country. An effective Patient Compensation Fund and a supportive legal environment all make Wisconsin a great place to practice medicine. And for self-starting physicians who want to determine the course of their own practice, our state's low level of managed care makes it an ideal place to grow a rewarding career.
In addition to the excellent environment for a medical practice, Wisconsin offers a world of lifestyle choices, from urban settings to small communities and suburban areas. Friendly neighborhoods, a renowned university system, and an abundance of recreational and cultural offerings make Wisconsin an ideal place to live and work.
Golf, racing, skiing, boating, ethnic festivals, and four seasons of professional sports are just a few of the activities that Wisconsin families enjoy. For the outdoor lover, Wisconsin's natural beauty ranges from lush green rolling hills, to sandy beaches and spectacular cliffs on the Lake Michigan shore. From live theater to symphonies and diverse ethnic and continental cuisine, Wisconsin offers a true cultural smorgasbord from which to choose.
Finding better ways
Aurora is an integrated health care delivery system providing care in more than 69 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin. Our relationships with Wisconsin universities provide unique career opportunities such as faculty appointments, clinic-academic positions and residency programs. Whether you seek to join an employed medical group or establish an independent practice and serve on the staff of a hospital, we may have what you're looking for.
To find out more about Wisconsin practice opportunities with Aurora Health Care, call Aurora Physician Services & Recruitment at 800-307-7497.