CommunityCare Kistler Clinic (formerly Geisinger Kistler Clinic) has a wonderful opportunity for a board certified/board eligible family medicine, internal medicine and med/peds trained physician to join our outpatient primary care clinic. CommunityCare Kistler Clinic is growing with the Wilkes-Barre community, and we will continue to grow by bringing you and your neighbors a wide variety of medical specialties and services. From urgent care and family practice to geriatrics, and from pediatrics to sports medicine, we can meet the health care needs of every member of your family.The staff at CommunityCare Kistler Clinic, located in beautiful Wilkes-Barre, PA, is committed to providing the best care for every patient and as experts in primary care, meeting patients' needs is our top priority.
Bilingual in Spanish and English is helpful but not required for this position
We take pride in the professional and developmental support we provide our physicians:
- Base salary model - Starting base salary of $250,000 (for those with 2 years or less experience; higher for those above 2 years of experience), compensates providers based on quality metrics.
- Recruitment incentive - $100k, paid 30 days after start
- Medical school loan repayment - $150k, paid in 4 installments
- Residency/Fellowship stipend - $2,500/month, available up to 18 months prior to graduation
- Continuing medical education – 15 working days and $3,500 annually
- Teaching opportunities – Available at one of Geisinger’s four primary care residency programs including: Family medicine, internal medicine and internal medicine/pediatrics. Additional teaching opportunities are available via advanced practice preceptorship, medical student teaching and faculty appointment with the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Benefits – Comprehensive benefits including liability, retirement, relocation and more!
- We are proud to give our primary care physicians the innovative tools and support they need to do what they do best – provide exceptional care.
- Forty-minute appointments for patients 65 and older
Expanded care team
And capped patient panel size and other tools
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.