Forensic Psychologist, Wellpath Consultant
If you are passionate about changing lives for the better and you can’t be contained by the lower 48. Let us lead you to north to Alaska, the ultimate wilderness with no state income or sales tax. Summers are as divine as they looks in the postcards with 18-20 hours of sunlight. Winter month sunsets are at their most spectacular, northern lights divine and home to the 1,000-mile Iditarod sled dog race. You have the freedom to explore as well as conveniences of urban lifestyle (museums, cultural centers and world-class restaurants). Adventure and modern life live hand-in-hand. Fishing, hiking, biking, scenic drives and abundant wildlife, moose are our favorite neighbors. Alaska is about meeting incredible people and exploring diverse destinations. We are looking for a passionate Forensic Psychologist, Wellpath Consultant to join us in Anchorage, AK.
The Forensic Psychologist, Wellpath Consultant's primary responsibility is to perform competency evaluations in the jail and hospital. The psychologist may also be involved with providing competency restoration, risk assessments, psychological testing, treatment planning, behavioral interventions, and supervision of psychology interns and residents.
- Ph.D. or Psy. D. in psychology from an accredited university.
- Three years of experience working in a psychiatric hospital or correctional facility is preferred.
- Current license as a Psychologist in state of employment
- Performs court ordered competency evaluations.
- Completes violence and suicide risk assessments and other psychological testing
- Supervises and trains psychology students, provides training and education to the rest of the clinical team as needed.
- Provides expert testimony to the court.
- Participates in treatment planning and treatment team meetings.
- Completed functional analyses of behavior and behavioral interventions. Trains staff to carry out behavioral interventions.
- Provides competency restoration and other treatment as needed.
- Completes thorough, accurate, and timely documentation of evaluations that are consistent with professional standards and hospital procedures.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of different ages. Provides individualized assessment that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span development needs of each patient. Demonstrates age specific competency in all aspects of duties performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer