Geriatrics Physician - Temple, TX
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a board certified or board eligible, fellowship trained Geriatrician to join an outstanding Geriatrics program. The Geriatrics physician will provide direct patient care. This is an employed position with a competitive salary, productivity bonus, moving allowance, a comprehensive benefits package and no state income tax.
Baylor Scott and White Health is seeking a hard-working, team player with a favorable work and/or training history. Candidates should be able to independently administer and interpret routine and special diagnostic test in and expedient and professional manner. Candidates should also be able to effectively collaborate with referring physicians, agencies and other professionals to provide optimum care for each patient.
- Location/Facility – Baylor Scott & White Health Clinic - Temple, TX
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice – Geriatrics
- Shift/Schedule – full-time
- Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!
About Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Temple
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Temple is a 636-bed multi-specialty teaching hospital located in Temple, Texas. In 2018, the hospital was ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and one of the top 15 teaching hospitals in the United States by Thomson Reuters. The hospital has 31 accredited residency and fellowship programs that includes specialties in emergency medicine and radiology, and offers a well-established and respected chaplain resident program.
About the Community
Regarded as one of the best areas to live and work in Texas in Texas and ranked 6th most affordable place to live in the U.S. in 2019, Temple enjoys a robust economy and a cost of living that’s lower than the national average. Served by four independent school districts and nationally recognized Temple College, the community places a high priority on education. Dubbed the “Wildflower Capital of Texas,” Temple lies along the famous Texas Wildflower Trail and is the demographic center of the state, with convenient access to major cities including Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio.
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine
- Licensed to Practice Medicine in the state of Texas by the Texas Medical Board
- Employee shall be currently board certified in his or her specialty or demonstrate active pursuit of board certification as defined by the appropriate specialty board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists