Exciting Family Medicine Residency Director Opportunity - Fargo ND
Sanford Health is one of the largest health care systems in the nation, with 44 hospitals and nearly 300 clinics in nine states and four countries. Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and serving the Upper Midwest, with nearly 1,400 physicians, Sanford Health is dedicated to several initiatives, including global clinics, genomic medicine and specialized centers researching cures for type 1 diabetes, breast cancer and other diseases. Sanford Health has 28,000 employees, making it the largest employer in the Dakotas. Nearly $1 billion in gifts from philanthropist Denny Sanford over the past decade have transformed how Sanford Health can improve the human condition.
Sanford Health is currently seeking a BC/BE Family Medicine with OB physician for a Residency Directorship in our expanding residency program in Fargo, North Dakota. The Family Medicine Residency program was established in July 2017 and supports 6 residents a year. Join our current director and 2 core faculty members with another starting summer of 2019. The University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences is the institutional sponsor of this program, but all clinical experiences are done at Sanford Health.
- OB privileges required
- Call is shared with physician members of the entire family medicine department
- Brand new $494 million state-of-the-art hospital
- Level 1 Trauma Center (only one in the Dakotas)
- Children’s Hospital
- Opportunity to help develop our new and growing Family Medicine Residency
- Help train the 6 residents in each year of our 3-year residency
- Work in collaboration with our current Internal Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedics & Psychiatry residency programs and future Neurology residency
- Noncompetitive, very supportive environment
- Residency has had 2 site visits and is fully accredited
- Precept residents regularly in our busy resident clinic
- Program includes a required rural experience with multiple facilities in the Fargo Region that can host these experiences
- Perform and precept many office procedures
- Friendly and hardworking staff to help make day-to-day tasks much easier!
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader, with a passion for Family Medicine, to share in the continued development of our residency program. The ideal candidate will have an interest in practicing and teaching full spectrum family medicine with obstetrics.
Our metro area is the gateway to the west, a Livability Top 100 Best Place to Live, and the largest city in North Dakota. A thriving and cutting-edge population that is growing at a fast pace with an affordable cost of living.
- Fargo is jam-packed with museums, galleries, and an Art Deco theatre palace in its vibrant downtown district
- Four-season recreation with more than 200 miles of hiking and biking trails, fishing, golf, kayaking, snow and water skiing and 2100 acres of public parks
- Local schools ranked in the top 15% nationally
- Multiple universities including North Dakota State University form a vibrant college community upwards of 30,000 students
Sanford Health offers a guaranteed salary for the first two years. Comprehensive benefits are offered along with paid malpractice insurance, relocation allowance and much more.
To learn more about Sanford Health and this excellent practice opportunity contact:
Martty Trout, Physician Recruiter
Sanford Health Physician Recruitment Office
PO Box 2010
Fargo ND 58122-2181
Phone: (701) 234-6516
Sanford Health is the largest rural not-for-profit health care system in the Nation and is dedicated to excellence in patient care, innovation and pioneering integrated care. Our model of integrated health provides care through physicians, hospitals, health plan, research and education. Our reputation of excellence is founded on our talented team of over 1,400 primary and specialty care physicians located in 140 locations throughout Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota. These practices are all networked by our state-of-the art EMR system -- EPIC.
With more than 27,000 employees, Sanford Health is the largest employer in North and South Dakota. The system is experiencing dynamic growth and development in conjunction with T. Denny Sanford's gift, the largest gift ever to a health care organization in America. This gift is making possible the implementation of several initiatives including global children's clinics in China, Ireland, Africa, Israel and Mexico., multiple research centers, eradicating breast cancer and finding a cure for Type 1 diabetes.
The metropolitan community that includes the City of Fargo , West Fargo, ND and Moorhead, MN is located in Cass County, ND and Clay County, MN. The extended community is along the Red River of the North which forms the border between Minnesota and North Dakota. This robust, metropolitan, community of nearly 216,000 continues to grow at a comfortable rate and offers the best of both worlds. More than 26,000 college students contribute to the area’s entrepreneurial spirit, its educated workforce and to national rankings as a #2 Metro in the U.S., Top 50 Digital City and Smartest City in the U.S.
The community is large enough to support many amenities of a large urban setting such as an International Airport, Community Theater, Symphony, three universities and a community college, a professional baseball team and a zoo yet not so large as to generate the drawbacks such as a high crime rate, traffic congestion and pollution.
Thirty-six arts and cultural organizations and the three university communities generate cultural and sporting events for all to enjoy. Year-round sports and recreational activity for children and young adults are provided through the schools, park districts, private organizations and the YMCA.
Three public school districts and two parochial school systems offer a wide selection of high-quality courses at all levels.
The area enjoys four seasons with low humidity making for pleasant spring, summer and autumn days. Average high temperature is 16 degrees in January and 82 degrees in July.
Fargo's historic central business district is a vibrant commercial area providing unique opportunities for housing, shopping, dining and entertainment. West Acres Regional Shopping Center is located at the junction of Interstate Highways I-94 and I-29. Neighborhood and specialty malls are located throughout the city.
Fargo is home of the North Dakota State University Bison, playing Division I football in the Summit League.
Chamber of Commerce Arts and Culture
Colleges and Universities
Hector International Airport
Symphony and Community Theater
Visitors and Convention Bureau
Parks and Recreation
FM Red Hawks
Red River Zoo
When you join Sanford Health you will join a leader in the health care industry in the Upper Midwest. Sanford offers:
- Excellent salary package, including comprehensive benefits, relocation allowance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Research and academic opportunities
- Call schedules allowing for meaningful family time
- Excellent referral base from Sanford Health primary care clinics
- No partnership buy-in costs
- State-of-the-art technology
For more information regarding this excellent practice opportunity contact:
Sanford Health Physician Placement (Fargo Region)
510 6th Ave N; Suite A
P O Box 2010
Fargo, ND 58122-2181
Phone: (701) 234-6510
Fax: (701) 234-6575