Geriatrics Practice Opportunity
The Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center located in Richmond, VA is searching for a BE/BC Internal Medicine/Family Medicine Physician with Fellowship training in Geriatrics to join their dynamic healthcare team.
The Clinical role will be combination of geriatrics primary care, outpatient geriatrics consultations, peri-operative care and nursing home care.
This role involves collaboration with referrals sources, program development and close coordination with geriatrics care team. Physician will be involved in Geriatrics and trainee education. Geriatrics clinic team has physicians, RN navigator, SW and NP/PA. Academic opportunity available with Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU).
Preferred Qualifications: Fellowship training in Geriatrics, experience in post-acute care and geriatrics program and Graduate Medical Education.
Work Hours: 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
Call: 1:8, pager and telephone
Salary Range: $180,000 -$200,000 per year
Recruitment/Relocation incentive may be available to a highly qualified applicant
Selected candidate may be eligible for student loan repayment through the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Participation is based on funds availability.
Richmond is state capital of Virginia. Richmond along with surrounding counties of Henrico, Hanover and Chesterfield have combined population of over 1 million. Richmond is only a 2-hour drive from Virginia Beach, Washington DC and scenic Blueridge Pkwy. There are many opportunities for outdoor activities, nearby theme parks, historic sites, and more. There is variety of public and private school options for K-12 education. There are several public and private colleges and universities near Richmond. There are many dinning, shopping, music and cultural experiences in the city. https://www.visitrichmondva.com
Since 1946, the Richmond VAMC has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to more than 200,000 veterans coming from 52 cities and counties covering 22,515 miles of central and southern Virginia and parts of northern North Carolina.
VHA Mission StatementHonor America's Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
VHA Vision StatementVHA will continue to be the benchmark of excellence and value in health care and benefits by providing exemplary services that are both patient centered and evidence based.
This care will be delivered by engaged, collaborative teams in an integrated environment that supports learning, discovery and continuous improvement.
It will emphasize prevention and population health and contribute to the nation's well-being through education, research and service in National emergencies.
Core Values - "I CARE"
- Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
- Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA's mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
- Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
- Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.
Community-Based Outpatient Clinics