Hospice Physician in Monroe, NC
Carolinas Palliative Care & Hospice Group (CPCHG), is currently seeking a BC/BE Physician to join their growing hospice team in Union County, NC. Experience in Hospice & Palliative, Geriatrics, Hospitalist and end of life care are relevant for this position.
Hospice of Union County, part of Atrium Health has been serving Union County for over 15 years and is proudly connected to the community. HOUC provides care that revolves around quality of life, as well as peace, comfort and dignity. Hospice care is available for those living at home, in nursing homes and assisted living centers, and at the McWhorter Inpatient Unit.
- Join team of 3 MD's & 4 ACP's
- Serve as attending physician for Hospice
- Assures high quality, appropriate and efficient utilization of hospice services
- Collaborates with the IDT/IDG to ensure that the medical needs of the patient are met and provides oversight of the plan of care
- Certifies patient eligibility criteria for hospice care
- Established patient panel
- Shared call - rotating schedule
- Rounding at McWhorter Inpatient Unit
- Certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties in Hospice and Palliative Medicine preferred
- Primary Call for both hospice agencies Mon-Thurs; weekend rounding (call included) every other month (EOM)
Carolinas Palliative Care & Hospice Group provides clinical services that reflect the organizations philosophy and mission: to promote comprehensive, compassionate care for all living with serious illness. Join the growing CPCHG Team who cover inpatient, outpatient, and hospice care.
Contact me for more information or to submit your CV for review!
Carolinas HealthCare System Union is a 175-bed hospital in Monroe, NC, providing comprehensive emergency services and specialty medical care. The campus offers a variety of medical services, including a day surgery center, cancer treatment center, long-term care facility, behavioral health center, specialty care clinics, a community wellness and outreach program, a women and children’s center, interventional heart program and physician practices. Over the past 15-plus years, we have worked to add new services and more specialized physicians and programs to meet the healthcare needs of our community.
Carolinas HealthCare System, one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations, provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina. Its diverse network of care locations includes academic medical centers, hospitals, freestanding emergency departments, physician practices, surgical and rehabilitation centers, home health agencies, nursing homes and behavioral health centers, as well as hospice and palliative care services. Carolinas HealthCare System works to enhance the overall health and wellbeing of its communities through high quality patient care, education and research programs, and numerous collaborative partnerships and initiatives.
Altogether, Carolinas HeatlhCare System has over 2,500 system-employed physicians and more than 60,000 employees, operating more than 40 acure care and specialty hospitals and over 900 care locations.