OLHS FULL-TIME ACADEMIC PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY POSITION
Ochsner Health System and Louisiana State University Health Science Center- Shreveport are seeking a BC/BE Pediatric Gastroenterologist to join the Division of Gastroenterology in the Department of Pediatrics. We are seeking a full-time physician at the Assistant or the Associate Professor level. Applicants must qualify for a Louisiana license. This position is for inpatient and outpatient general gastroenterology care, as well as teaching residents and students, and provides opportunities for research.
Clinical duties would require weekly teaching responsibilities in GI outpatient clinics, endoscopic procedures (on-site endoscopy center) and inpatient consult services. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of gastroenterological diseases, commitment to scholarly activity and clinical care.
Highlights of the Position:
- Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – 40 bed unit
- 23 pediatric beds in patient ward and an 8-bed pediatric intensive care unit
- One of 8 Children’s Hospitals in the country affiliated with Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Children’s Clinical Research Center with a dedicated 3-bed clinical trial unit and laboratory, which supports 10-12 NIH and Pharma-sponsored clinical trials annually. Inpatient and outpatient subjects.
- Our health sciences center is home tothe School of Medicine, School of Graduate Studies and School of Allied Health Professions and a robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600 residents and fellows are trained each year.
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient.
- Physician leadership and input at all levels of administration.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional Retirement Plans Available
Vacation / Scheduled Time Off
Shreveport is located in the northwest corner of Louisiana, 15 miles from Texas, and 185 miles directly east of Dallas on Interstate 20. Shreveport and its sister city across the Red River (Bossier City) have a population of just over 250,000. City amenities include a full-time symphony orchestra, minor league sports, riverfront aquarium, the American Rose Center, a full calendar of riverfront arts and music festivals, and much more. We enjoy the ambience of a smaller city and the resources of many larger metropolitan areas. Being located in extreme northwestern Louisiana, our climate is closer to that of Atlanta or Birmingham than to that of New Orleans. The low cost of living, pleasant climate, and excellent schools make Shreveport a wonderful place to raise a family.
LSUHSC – Shreveport is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.