Under direct supervision of the Health Services Administrator (HSA), Program Manager (PM), or higher medical professional, responsibilities of the Physician will include the provision of medical care to the inmate population including but not limited to behavioral health disorders, overseeing the care and treatment performed by PA’s & FNP’s and working closely with the Medical Director and Program Manager to facilitate the delivery of care to the persons served population.
Education for Physician:
Graduate from an accredited medical school.
Experience for Physician:
• Minimum one year experience
• Previous correctional/detention facility experience
• Five years’ experience, preferred
Licenses/Certifications for Physician:
• Unrestricted current medical license, certification or registration in state of practice - must maintain all certifications, educational requirements, licensing, etc.
• Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine, Family Practice or Emergency Medicine is preferred
• Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS and ACLS certification through AHA
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in diagnosing and treating patient medical problems
- Write progress notes and narrative discharge summaries; prepare patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive and negative findings
- Perform preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care
- Provide counseling and education of patients concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources
- Responsible for recognizing and treating non-psychotic behavioral health disorders pharmacologically as indicated
- In collaboration with the Psychiatrist, provide ongoing care of patients who are stable on maintenance doses of non-psychotic medications, as well as treat cases of situational stressors, causing anxiety, depression and sleep disorder.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer