Northeast Georgia Health System is expanding its neuroscience program, specifically the Neurovascular Intervention program for the Gainesville campus. NGHS is currently recruiting a fellowship trained Endovascular Neurosurgeon to join our growing practice to build an Endovascular and Interventional Stroke Program. The candidate would be welcomed by a team of 6 general neurosurgeons.
Education, Training, & Experience
- MD or DO
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Neurosurgery
- Fellowship Trained – Endovascular Neurosurgery
- Ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Georgia
- Functions well in a team environment, contributing to and supporting organizational goals and initiatives.
- Desire to be part of the development of a world-class neurosciences program and a growing Neurosurgery team.
Neurosurgery Program Overview
- The ER has over 110,000 visits per year, 24/7 Critical Care, Hospitalist and Trauma coverage.
- NGMC Gainesville is a Certified Primary Stroke Center covering over 1200 stroke and TIA patients annually.
- 23 operating rooms including the da Vinci Surgical System
- BrainLab NeuroNavigation and a Biplanar Endovascular Suite is budgeted and planned
- Three dedicated neurosciences operating rooms
- Dedicated stroke and neurosurgery inpatient units
- A fully equipped Neurophysiology Lab
- An accredited Sleep Disorders Center
- AiroMobile Intraoperative CT
- A 32-bed intensive care unit staffed 24/7 by critical care physicians
- Outstanding inpatient support including dedicated Neuro-Hospitalist
- EMR Platform - EPIC
Benefits of Working at Northeast Georgia Health System
- Excellent Compensation and Benefits package
- Sign-on Bonus & Relocation Available
- Malpractice Coverage Provided
- NGHS is a Teaching Hospital with a growing GME program
- America’s 50 Best Hospitals – Healthgrades
- Recognized in recent years as Georgia’s #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women’s care and more
- Thriving economy, low cost of living, and Award-Winning Schools
- Endless Outdoor Activities including hiking, biking, and world-class water sports on Lake Lanier
- Short Commute only 45 minutes to Atlanta and 45 minutes to the North Georgia Mountains
Northeast Georgia Health System – Dramatically Different
Northeast Georgia Physicians Group (NGPG), one of the largest multi-specialty groups in Georgia, brings together more than 400+ talented physicians and advanced practitioners representing 30 specialties at over 70 locations. NGPG is affiliated with Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS), which serves more than 1,000,000 people in more than 13 counties across the region. As part of NGHS, patients of NGPG have a direct connection to Northeast Georgia Medical Center’s three hospital campuses in Gainesville, Braselton and Barrow County. Learn more about our awarded services at www.nghs.com.
Please email CV to Marshall Poole – Physician Recruitment
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a not-for-profit community health system dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of the people of Northeast Georgia. Through the services of a medical staff of more than 900+ physicians, the residents of Northeast Georgia enjoy access to the state's finest and most comprehensive medical services.
Healthgrades has named Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals for 2018 and only one of two hospitals in Georgia to get this honor. Also, NGHS has been named one of "Metro Atlanta’s Top 100 Workplaces" by the Atlanta Journal Constitution (AJC) for 2011 - 2017.
Northeast Georgia Medical Center's expert level of care has been recognized on a national and statewide level including:
- Number one in Georgia and top 5% in the nation for Cardiac Care
- Accredited with Commendation by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer for Cancer Care
- CARF-accreditation for inpatient rehabilitation including stroke specialty care certification, one of the first in the nation
- American Society of Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence certification, and the first hospital in Georgia to offer gastric bypass surgery using the da Vinci robotic surgical system.
•Georgia’s #1 Heart Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Surgery Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Orthopedic Surgery Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Vascular Surgery Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Women’s Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Neurological Hospital
•Georgia’s #1 Pulmonary Hospital