Internal Medicine Program Director for a New Residency Program in Tucson, AZ!
Northwest Medical Center in Tucson, AZ is seeking a board certified Internal Medicine Residency Director to help develop a new residency program.
- Employed position joining new residency program
- Candidate must have 5+ years' participation as active faculty member in ACGME accredited IM res. program
- Candidate must have 3 years GME administrative experience
- This position will begin in 2020; residency program to begin in 2021
Northwest Healthcare Graduate Medical Education Consortium (NHCGME) is comprised of Northwest Medical Center and Oro Valley Hospital and local community members. The NHCGME is fully committed to provide the organizational, financial, academic, clinical, and scholarly resources to support high-quality graduate medical education programs.
Northwest Medical Center (NMC) is a 300-bed facility in Tucson, offering a full range of inpatient and outpatient services including cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics, minimally invasive surgery, neurology and neurosurgery, GI, a free-standing Women's Center, and Wound Care Center.
Oro Valley Hospital (OVH) is a regionally recognized, 146-bed, all-private room, acute care facility which anchors a comprehensive healthcare network of inpatient and outpatient services.
Comprehensive Recruitment Package May Include:
- Competitive Wage Structure
- Annual CME Allowance
- Potential Relocation, Commencement Bonus, Debt Repayment Assistance
Life in Tucson Offers:
- 325 days of sunshine - perfect for hiking, biking, swimming, rock climbing, running, and golf
- Mix of highly-rated private and public schools
- Growing biotech industry, bringing highly educated employees to Tucson and Oro Valley
- Easy access to Phoenix, Sedona, Scottsdale and San Diego for weekend getaways
Northwest Medical Center (NMC) is a 300-bed facility in Tucson offering a full range of inpatient and outpatient services including cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics, minimally invasive surgery (including two da Vinci surgical robots), neurology and neurosurgery, GI, a free-standing Women’s Center, Wound Care Center. NMC is designated with Center of Excellence status for its Chest Pain Center, Stroke Center, Total Knee and Total Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery, Bariatric program, and Breast Imaging Center.
Oro Valley Hospital (OVH) is a 144-all private bed facility in Oro Valley just north of Tucson. OVH services include orthopedics (including the new MAKO robot for partial knee resurfacing), inpatient rehabilitation, cardiology, minimally invasive surgery, neurology, GI, imaging and diagnostics, two sleep centers and emergency medicine.
Both hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission.