Primary Care Physician
Geisinger Community Medicine is seeking board certified/board eligible family medicine, internal medicine and med/peds trained physicians for an outpatient primary care opportunity in beautiful Lock Haven, PA.
At Geisinger, shaping the future of healthcare starts with a robust support system, from implementing ground-breaking programs to utilizing advanced technology, these are just some of the ways we go above and beyond to lead healthcare change. We take pride in the professional and developmental support we provide our physicians:
- Base salary model - Starting base salary of $250,000 (for those with 2 years or less experience; higher for those above 2 years of experience), compensates providers based on quality metrics.
- Recruitment incentive - $100k, paid in lump sum upon start
- Medical school loan repayment - $150k, paid in 4 installments
- Residency/Fellowship stipend - $2,500/month, available up to 18 months prior to graduation
- Continuing medical education – 15 working days and $3,500 annually
- Teaching opportunities – Available at one of Geisinger’s four primary care residency programs including: Family medicine, internal medicine and internal medicine/pediatrics. Additional teaching opportunities are available via advanced practice preceptorship, medical student teaching and faculty appointment with the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Benefits – Comprehensive benefits including liability, retirement, relocation and more!
We are proud to give our primary care physicians the innovative tools and support they need to do what they do best – provide exceptional care. To learn more about our:
- Forty-minute appointments for patients 65 and older
- Expanded care team
- And capped patient panel size and other tools, please visit: https://www.geisingerjobs.org/community-medicine
The staff at Geisinger Lock Haven is committed to providing the best care for our patients, right here in Clinton County.With primary-care services, as well as specialty care in rheumatology, we are dedicated to our patient's healthcare needs. Plus, we feature on-site ultrasounds, X-rays and vascular laboratory services to make tests and treatments as convenient as possible.
With the additional resources available through the entire Geisinger health system, patients can be assured that their care is comprehensive.
Geisinger's Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Program, staffed by Geisinger primary care physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants, provides both acute and transitional care to patients living in area nursing homes, enhancing the care they already receive from nursing home staff. The SNF Program streamlines patient transition from physician offices or hospitals to the nursing home and improves patient outcomes to reduce the need for hospitalization, working closely with nursing home staff to coordinate and improve patient care.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.