Practice Internal Medicine in Rockford, IL - Sports Hub & Home of the Ice Hogs Hockey League!
Mercyhealth is seeking an Internal Medicine Physician to join our expanding practice in Rockford, Illinois at Perryville Clinic!
Mercyhealth is an award-winning, multi-regional, integrated health system comprising 7 hospitals, more than 800 employed physicians, over 85 outpatient clinics and other service sites that provide care to residents in more than 55 communities throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. We provide over 125 specialty and sub-specialty services, including adult and pediatric critical care, neonatal intensive care, neurosurgery, heart and vascular care, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery, da Vinci robotic surgery and much more.
Mercyhealth has been named a “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” by Becker’s Healthcare – 2018 & 2019!
- Join a growing Multi-Specialty Outpatient Practice!
- Clinic houses Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Cardiology, Neurology, Pediatrics, Podiatry, ENT, Sleep Lab, Optical Center, Urgent Care, Lab & X-Ray
- Call will be very minimal and shared among Mercyhealth Rockford region Internal Medicine Physicians
- Schedule can be flexible; we promote and support a private practice model!
- Because we provide a robust Hospitalist program, admissions and rounding are not required
- No restrictions on procedures - build the practice to your specifications!
- Admitting Hospitals are Mercyhealth Javon Bea Hospital - Rockton Ave. & Mercyhealth Javon Bea Hospital - Riverside (1 mile away)
- Opportunity to be involved with our newly opened (July 2019) Mercyhealth Internal Medicine Residency Program!
- Students from University of Illinois-Chicago Rockford Campus regularly rotate through our internal medicine clinics
Compensation & Benefits:
Mercyhealth offers a highly competitive base salary guarantee (based on MGMA guidelines) leading to an incentive-based compensation the first year, along with an outstanding benefits package:
- Paid CME, malpractice and licensure!
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance for Physician and family!
- 100% match on 4% retirement plan contribution + additional discretionary 2%!
- Short Term & Long Term Disability insurance paid 100% by Mercyhealth!
- 25 days of PTO (+ 6 system-recognized holidays) during guarantee for a full-time Physician!
- Sign-on bonus and student loan forgiveness available!
Mercyhealth is a regional health system with over 700 employed physician partners, seven hospitals and 85 primary and specialty care locations throughout 50 northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities. We are committed to being a top integrated health care provider and continuously work to make life better for the people, families and communities we serve.
As an integrated health care provider, we provide exceptional, coordinated health care that spans four core service divisions: hospital-based services, clinic-based services, post-acute care and retail services, and a wholly owned insurance company. These four core service divisions make up our comprehensive, vertically integrated delivery system, and integrated delivery is what makes Mercyhealth unique in serving the full range of health care needs for our patients.
Mercyhealth offers over 85 specialty and subspecialty services, including orthopedic surgery, prehospital emergency services and training, neurosurgery, heart and vascular services, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery and much more. When time is of the essence, our trauma centers are equipped with the latest technology and highly trained staff to provide immediate, life-saving care. We are a leader in obstetric, neonatal and pediatric services, offering the highest level of care available at our neonatal intensive care unit, caring for the most fragile preemies in the region’s only Small Baby Unit, and serving as a State of Illinois-designated Perinatal Center for an 11-county region.
Rockford is the third largest city in the state of Illinois. Settled on the banks of the Rock River, Rockford is notable for its economic diversification into automotive, aerospace, and healthcare industries, as well as the undertaking of various tourism and downtown revitalization efforts.
Rockford is known for various venues of cultural or historical significance, including Anderson Japanese Gardens, Klehm Arboretum, the Coronado Theatre, and the Burpee Museum of Natural History. Rockford has been recognized as one of the most affordable housing markets in the nation less than an hour and a half drive from downtown Chicago and Milwaukee and less than an hour from Madison, Wisconsin.