Bon Secours Care-A-Van Physician MD/DO - Spanish-Speaking a PLUS
Bon Secours Mercy Health
Richmond Care-A-Van MD - Full Time - Spanish-speaking a PLUS
If your heart leads you into a medical ministry, to provide medical care for those in our community without insurance or financial means - this is the opportunity for you!
The Bon Secours Care-A-Van is a free medical service that provides general medical care to uninsured adults and children in Richmond communities. The Care-A-Van team is bilingual (with an interpreter) and composed of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, physicians, patient technicians, and outreach workers. Community partners, including free clinics, local health agencies, and numerous faith-based community organizations, collaborate with us. Bon Secours funding, grants, and contributions sponsors the Care-A-Van to ensure that services are free for all patients.
- Full Time - 40 hours - Salaried position - Competitive Base
- Sign On Bonus
- Medical Education Debt Assistance Available
- Mobile Medical Unit - Physician drives personal auto to care sites - Mileage reimbursed
- Primary Care - Family Medicine - Adults and Children - Chronic conditions - Difficult cases
- Great support from NP, RN and additional caregivers
- Robust Benefit package including Paid Time Off and CME Days/budget
**Must be experienced MD/DO with 4 to 5 years of experience**
Must be flexible, handle change well, be comfortable practicing in an environment where there is a critical need, and love helping people.
Please contact our Primary Care Physician Recruiter to submit your CV and discuss more details:
Bon Secours is known for providing compassionate and innovative care for the whole person.
Building healthier communities is the focus of all our community outreach efforts.
Your expertise and caring hands make the fulfillment of our mission possible.
Established in 1966, Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital is a 391-bed facility located in Richmond’s Near West End. St. Mary’s has 1,200 associated physicians who provide over 75,000 outpatient visits annually. The hospital has a service area containing approximately 1.3 million people and primarily serves residents of the City of Richmond and Chesterfield, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, and Louisa Counties.
Highlights of the hospital include:
- Point of care testing in the Emergency Department to provide lab results and imaging in minutes.
- 28-bed Neuroscience Telemetry Unit & Neuroscience Step-down Unit, with exclusively private rooms.
- State of the art, 64 slice CT scanner adjoining the Emergency Department for ultra-fast head imaging.
- Bi-Plane interventional imaging system for cerebral angiography, delivery of intra-arterial thrombolytics & use of the MERCI ischemic stroke clot removal system.
Richmond provides easy access to the amenities of a large urban setting as well as an easy commute for those seeking a more rural lifestyle. Within two hours of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Atlantic Ocean and Washington D.C., Richmond is uniquely situated within Central Virginia. It is home to the State Capital, Washington Redskins Training Facility, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, and countless cultural, food, and music festivals. The area offers a wide range of entertainment, recreational, and leisure activities usually found in much larger cities and consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, and play!
On September 1, 2018 Bon Secours Health System and Mercy Health combined to become the United States’ fifth largest Catholic health care ministry and one of the nation’s 20 largest health care systems. Bon Secours Mercy Health serves communities along the east coast and in Ohio and Kentucky.
At Bon Secours Mercy Health, we are dedicated to continually improving health care quality, safety and cost effectiveness. Our hospitals, care sites and clinicians are recognized for clinical and operational excellence. By utilizing robust measurement and reporting processes, we hold ourselves accountable for enhancing care and improving outcomes for our patients, residents and clients. Through partnerships and by investing in innovative processes, technology and products, we are continually striving to drive health care quality while reducing costs and in addressing health care issues facing entire communities (such as enhancing access to behavioral health care services and fighting opioid dependency).
Bon Secours Mercy Health at a glance:
- Not-for-profit Catholic health system sponsored by Bon Secours Mercy Ministries
- Provides almost $2 million each day in community benefit
- Owns, manages or joint-ventures facilities in seven states
- 43 hospitals, more than 1,000 care sites
- More than 57,000 employees, including 2,100 physicians and advanced practice clinicians