HCA owned and operated affiliated practice of Grand Strand Medical Center (GSMC) is seeking an experienced Board Certified Cardiothoracic surgeon for both heart and thoracic cases.. Ideal candidate will be well trained and accomplished in all cardiothoracic procedures as well as minimally invasive valve surgery and valve repair desired, VATS a plus. Incoming surgeon can expect to perform 150+ heart surgeries, 100+ valve surgeries annually, as well as general thoracic and vascular procedures. Very manageable call of 1:3 shared by well-established and practiced partner.
GSRMC is on one of the busiest heart centers in South Carolina, seeing over 400 cardiac surgeries per year. Our facility offers:
* Cardiovascular program recently named Top 50 in the U.S. by IBM Watson
* 3 Physician Assistants
* 2 Registered Nurses
* 2 Dedicated CV ORs-Recently redone with digital imaging
* Dedicated CV Anesthesia
* TEE ECHO on each OH case
* New 3-D Philips ECHO equipment
* Dedicated 8 bed CV ICU
* New 24 bed progressive care unit
* Excellent Cardiology Support
* Considered Excellent Regional Heart Program
* TAVR Program started in 2016
* Tremendous Growth Opportunity for General Thoracic Surgery
* Monthly Thoracic Tumor Board and Cardiology Governance Counsels
* Excellent Pulmonary & Critical Care intensivist support
* Well established Heart Failure clinic
* Two cardiology outreach clinics operational, with a third planned for 2020
* Five year projection of 30% growth in 50 year old+ Population
* Fast Growing Community
* Great selection of Private and Public Schools
* Excellent Climate, Social Activities, Sports Activities
Employment contract consisting of guaranteed base salary + WRVU bonus potential, comprehensive benefits package, paid occurrence based malpractice, PTO, CME as well as several other negotiable incentives being offered.
Grand Strand Medical Center is a 369-bed tertiary referral center in Myrtle Beach, SC, and is the largest and most clinically advanced hospital in the area. Grand Strand Medical Center is the only hospital in the region to offer such specialized services as an ACS verified Level I Adult Trauma Center and DHEC approved Level II Pediatric Trauma Center, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, pediatric intensive care and three emergency departments staffed with residency trained emergency medicine physicians. Grand Strand Medical Center has earned a reputation as the hospital of choice for residents and visitors. With a medical staff of 500+ highly skilled practitioners, Grand Strand Medical Center offers the community a full spectrum of board certified medical specialists and services.
Located in Myrtle Beach, in the heart of the "Grand Strand," the 60-mile stretch of coastline is considered one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the US. The area has been repeatedly recognized as one of the top retirement and tourist destinations (more than 18 million visitors a year) in the country. The community is comprised of a myriad of unique neighborhoods that include easy access to golf, the ocean, shopping and entertainment, national caliber live music venues, a local symphony, nationally recognized Botanical Garden (Brookgreen Gardens), minor league baseball, water parks, outlet shopping, international airport, fishing, boating and 2,500+ restaurants.