Academic Palliative Medicine Staff Physician in New Hampshire
The Section of Palliative and Hospice Care in the Department of Medicine at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, in conjunction with the Geisel School of Medicine, seeks an energetic, team-focused, palliative medicine physician to join our interdisciplinary Palliative Care Service. Our team is comprised of Palliative Medicine physicians, APRNs, coordinating RNs, chaplains, social workers, healing arts practitioners and a team of specialty-trained volunteers. We welcome you to join an established and nationally recognized program with a fully accredited HPM fellowship program committed to promoting excellence and innovation in clinical care, education and research.
We seek clinicians with…
- Expertise in symptom management and effective collaboration within an interdisciplinary framework.
- A proven track record of sophisticated communication skills with patients and families.
- A career interest in palliative care clinical practice and education.
About the position…
- Responsibilities will include both inpatient and outpatient consultation, attending in our inpatient hospice facility, and supervision of students, residents and fellows.
- The successful candidate will join the Department of Medicine with privileges at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, membership in the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Clinic, and a faculty appointment at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth at a rank commensurate with experience.
- BC/BE in Hospice and Palliative Medicine is required.
- The ideal candidate will have completed fellowship training in palliative care, but in special circumstances, candidates who have extensive experience will be considered.
- For this position, completion of residency training and BC/BE is preferred in one of the following specialties: internal medicine, medicine/pediatrics, family medicine, or emergency medicine.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an academic medical center located in Lebanon, New Hampshire in the Upper Connecticut River Valley on the NH and VT border. Home to Dartmouth College, the Upper Valley is a vibrant, academic and professional community offering excellent schools, lively arts, and an unmatched quality of life in a beautiful, rural setting. Amenities associated with urban areas in Boston MA, Burlington VT, and Montreal, QC are all within a few hours’ drive. Dartmouth-Hitchcock has been consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as One of America’s Best Hospitals.
Please address a letter of interest to:
Kathy Kirkland, MD, Section Chief
Send with CV to Lisa Minahan, Physician Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, located in Lebanon, New Hampshire on the Vermont/New Hampshire border, is New Hampshire’s only integrated, academic, Level I trauma center. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center includes a modern 400-bed tertiary care hospital, research and clinical facilities for the Geisel School of Medicine, Norris Cotton Cancer Center and the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Clinic. In addition, we were the first hospital in New Hampshire to receive Magnet status and have been consistently rated one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center has been named by Becker's Healthcare on the Top 150 Great Places to Work In Healthcare!
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Home to Dartmouth College, the Lebanon/Hanover area is a vibrant, academic and professional community offering excellent schools, lively arts, and an unmatched quality of life in a beautiful, rural setting.
- 1.5 hours from Burlington, VT
- 2 hours from Boston
- 3 hours from Montreal
Lebanon/Hanover is New England at its best; lakes, craft fairs, band concerts, hiking, skiing, and snow shoeing with family and friends.