The Birmingham, AL VA Medical Center is searching for a BE/BC Family Medicine/Internal Medicine Physician to join their dynamic healthcare team.
Position is located at their Shoals area (Florence Clinic) and Childersburg, AL Community Based Outpatient Clinics(CBOC).
The Primary Care physician works as a member of a multidisciplinary health care team, collaborating with other members of the team to provide medical care to veterans enrolled on the team.
The physician is expected to demonstrate advance competencies and skills in assessing the physical and psychosocial status of patients and family members, play an active role in the multidisciplinary health care team, promote preventive health measures and manage the acute and chronic conditions of his/her assigned panel of patients.
He or she is to provide comprehensive assessment, diagnosis work-up and clinic intervention, including comprehensive patient assessment, health history, physical examination, and patient education to veterans in the Primary Care Team setting; outpatients include both scheduled and unscheduled veterans.
This is a full-time position. Clinic hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. No after-hours call or rounding on hospitalized patients.
1. Background in on-going out-patient primary care clinics.
2. Board certification in Internal Medicine/ Primary Care/ or Family Medicine
Salary Range: Up to $225k per year
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives may be authorized
Selected candidate may be eligible for student loan repayment thru the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Participation is based on funds availability.
Citizenship: Citizen of the United States (Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens.
Education: Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed. Approved schools are:
(1) Schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges for the year in which the degree was granted.
(2) Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
(3) Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted licensure.
(4) For residents, graduation from an approved medical school.
All applicants must be board certified or board eligible.
Licensure: A Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
Physical Standards: All applicants must meet the physical requirements established for this position.
English Language Proficiency: Must be proficient in spoken and written English.
Sheffield is one of the most historic cities in North Alabama. Our city is beginning to shine brightly as a new place of business and commerce. Come down and check us out. https://www.sheffieldalabama.org