#1SmallCity #Charleston’sBestBeaches #FollyBeach #TheBattery
Seeking Chief & Staff GASTROENTROLOGIST’S
Outstanding Federal/VA Benefits Await You
Wonderful Quality of Life
In Gorgeous Charleston, South Carolina
The Charleston Veterans Affairs Medical Center located in the heart of downtown the peninsula near the scenic & historic battery in partnership with our academic affiliate, the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), seeks a full-time Chief and a staff Gastroenterologist.
Chief Gastroenterologist – Opportunity to lead over a large G.I. growing 1A VA Medical Center department. You can build on the existing significant strengths and commitment to service excellence, high quality Veteran care, education, and scholarly endeavors in an environment that underscores a respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The position includes, promoting and conducting high-quality patient-centric clinical care, mentoring trainees, developing an outstanding educational experience for learners of all levels, enrolling to clinical trials, and conducting scholarly research and quality improvement.
Goal -to perform 40 G.I. procedures labs per day; upper and lower procedures. NO ERCP and EUS. Chief would lead 3 full time and 3 part-time physicians (just do procedures); and managing and leading fellows (possibility of academic affiliate; 4 NP and PA’s; 4 procedure rooms that run Monday -Friday.
Preferred Candidate: Take care of under the spectrum of GI; Have an extensive background of endoscopy experience would be ideal. Leadership experience; helped build a department or served in private practice management.
Staff Gastroenterologist – “Bread & Butter” – upper lower endoscopy; min. 5/8ths or greater. Full time Monday- Friday Endoscopist (needs no research history) No Mgmt involvement. Have the pleasure of practicing pure medicine.
Both of our appropriate candidates will have experience and training supporting requirements for an MUSC academic appointment at an early career or higher level.
We welcome you to Charleston, South Carolina, Voted America's #1 Small City 6 Years & Counting. While many Americans seek to leave where they are currently living, few regions of the country have captured the attention of millions like Charleston has over the last two decades. Why? For the many diverse and impactful reasons constantly identified by those publications and groups that continue to recognize Charleston and its surrounding areas as a very special place. Check Out Charleston.
VA boasts a comprehensive compensation and benefits package (Paid Time-Off, Professional/Personal Insurance Coverages, 401K, CME, and Retirement, etc.). For more info, click: vha physician careers - VA Careers - Veterans Affairs
Freedom to practice medicine and focus on the patient w/o the distractions of running a business
- VA Doctors do not have the “Overhead” of running an individual or group practice
- VA Standard visit length is 30-minutes, compared to 20-min. visits outside
- Your licensure valid in all 50 states.
- 49 days of annual paid time off: 26 days paid vaca;13 days paid sick leave; 10 paid federal holidays
- Predictable work schedules and a focus on quality rather than volume. Plus, Much More!About facility and the VA The Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories. Learn more at: About The VA Interested?
- The 152-bed Level 1A hospital includes six community-based outpatient clinics, a 20-bed nursing home, women’s health, and the full range of inpatient and outpatient care, including medical and surgical intensive care. The VAMC provides more than 934,000 outpatient visits and approximately 4,500 in-patient stays annually. With more than 2,700 employees, Charleston VA has an annual budget of $525 million, research funding of more than $28.8 million, and more than 95 principle investigators participating in approximately 280 research studies.
- The Ralph H. Johnson VA achieved a 5-Star rating according to VA’s Strategic Analytics for Improvement and Learning Value (SAIL) model. The SAIL rating ranks the Charleston VA in the top 10 percent of VA medical centers nationwide for quality of care and efficiency.
- Located in historic downtown Charleston, South Carolina, the Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center is a tertiary care teaching hospital providing the highest-level quality complex care from cardiology to neurology to primary and mental health care for 75,000 Veterans along the South Carolina and Georgia coast.
Please forward a copy of your C.V. to terrance.Anderson@va.gov
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S.Territories.
More than 7.9 million Veterans, their family members, and survivors are enrolled in the VA Health System, with more than 6.3 million seeking treatment each year. Currently, that annual treatment involves 773,600 inpatient visits and 60 million outpatient visits. About 250,000 full-time employees and 90,000 health professional trainees work in interdisciplinary care teams to deliver those patient services daily.
VA's patient population crosses a wide spectrum of individuals, from elderly World War II Veterans, to baby boomer Vietnam Vets, to today's younger heroes who served during the Gulf War era and in the present day Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. VA also serves a growing number of women Veterans, who currently account for seven percent of the total Veteran population.
Located in the historic part of the city of Charleston, the Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center is an authorized 145 bed primary, secondary and tertiary care medical center that provides acute medical, surgical and psychiatric inpatient care, and both primary and specialized outpatient services in southeastern South Carolina and Chatham County, Georgia. The medical center supports the Vet Centers in North Charleston, South Carolina and Savannah, Georgia, and operates the outpatient clinics in Savannah, Georgia and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Currently, the medical center is operating 98 beds and a 20-bed nursing home.
The medical center is closely affiliated with the Medical University of South Carolina and supports 84 resident FTEE in medical and dental specialties, as well students from nursing, pharmacy, social work and allied health disciplines. Charleston VAMC is a partnership site for the VA Nursing Academy in collaboration with the MUSC School of Nursing. The Research Service has more than 100 research investigators involved in more than 300 research projects concerned with a broad range of health problems, most of which are prevalent in the Veteran patient population. Areas of research include cardiology, endocrinology, diabetes mellitus, hematology/oncology, rheumatology, nephrology and alcohol-related disorders, and clinical and health service research in mental health, PTSD, hypertension and aging.
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Trident Technical College
- Armstrong University
- Savannah State University
- Midlands Technical College
- University of South Carolina
Type of Facility
- Tertiary Care
- Primary Care
- Women’s Program
- VIST Program Smoking Cessation
- Research Service
- Interventional Radiology
- General Surgery
- Cardio-thoracic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Speech Pathology
- Inpatient Mental Health
- Veterans Enrichment Center
- Substance Abuse
- Mental Health Intensive Case Management (MHICM)
- Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Compensated Work Therapy (CWT)
- Community Residential Care
- Care Unit (NUCU)
- Homemaker Health Aide
- Adult Day Care
- Home Based Primary Care (HBPC)
- Community Living Center (Nursing Home)
- Interventional Cardiology
- Palliative Care
- Pulmonary Services
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Sleep Studies
- Infectious Disease
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Orthopedics Center of Excellence
- Bariatric Surgery
- Tele-Mental Health