Physician Assistant (Cardio Thoracic Surgery - First Assist) – Franciscan Physician Network – Crown Point, Indiana
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Franciscan Physician Network is seeking a Surgical First Assist Physician Assistant to join our group located in Crown Point, Indiana. The Physician Assistant will spend their day consulting with patients with chronic cardiac issues, or who are in recovery from acute cardiac events. The Physician Assistant is expected to monitor patients, counsel, educate families and to act as a liaison between doctors, patients, families and hospital staff.
WHAT WE NEED:
Ideal candidate must have at least 2 years of experience in cardiology, surgery, and or cardiovascular experience. Experience in vein harvesting is required. The candidate will have a focus on clinical excellence and patient satisfaction. Candidate will display exceptional interpersonal skills and have a desire to invest in the community, building long-lasting relationships with patients and their families.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off
- Weekday Call: 7 on / 7 off
- Weekend & Holiday Call: 1:2
- Average inpatient volume: 5 – 10 patients per day
- Employer will support training and competency education
- Vein harvesting experience is a must
- Common Diagnoses:
- Cardiac Valvular Disease
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Carotid Disease
- CABG & Aortic Valve Replacement
- CABG & Mitral Valve Replacement or Repair
- Valve Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Femoral Popliteal Bypass
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair Open
- Management of Groin Complications
- Retroperitoneal Bleeds
- Typical Procedures:
- Procure conduit for coronary artery bypass surgery
- First assist in surgery
- Arterial lines
- Central lines
- Place Swan Ganz catheters
- Perform thoracentesis
- Place and remove intra-aortic balloons
- Place and remove chest tubes
- Provide pre- and post-operative care
- Onsite Equipment:
- Pacemaker interrogators
WHO WE ARE:
Franciscan Physician Network (FPN), a division of FRANCISCAN HEALTH, brings together the many primary care and specialty physician groups associated with Franciscan Health’s hospitals and access points across Indiana and Illinois. FPN includes over 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers
With 12 hospitals, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest. Of our 260+ locations, many are nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence. Franciscan Health takes pride in providing compassionate, comprehensive care for our patients and the communities we serve.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
- Generous recruitment bonus program including relocation allowance; commencement and retention packages
- Paid malpractice
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
- Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at email@example.com or (844) 376-3627.
WHO WE ARE
A trusted leader in providing faith-based, integrated healthcare, Franciscan Health Crown Point is a full-service, acute-care hospital designed to meet the growing healthcare needs of our surrounding communities. Franciscan Health Crown Point has positioned itself as a driving force in technology and high quality patient care and will continue to be at the forefront of new medical advances. Franciscan Health Crown Point has been verified a Level 3 Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons and is the only such center in Northwest Indiana that offers neurosurgery.
The Crown Point location is one of only 12 Level 3 trauma centers in Indiana.
Franciscan Physician Network Crown Point is based in Lake County, Indiana and is a partnership of nearly 70 physicians and advanced-practice providers working with Franciscan St Anthony Health. Practice locations include Crown Point; Cedar Lake; Lowell; St. John; and Roselawn.
WHERE WE LIVE
Crown Point in Lake County, Indiana is a desirable community in which to live and work. Northwest Indiana has a reasonable cost of living, is family-friendly with award-winning schools. Crown Point has a hometown atmosphere, with its historic downtown square, numerous unique shops, parks, golf courses, and other scenic locales. Crown Point is in close proximity to Chicago, Lake Michigan beaches, area waterparks, and much more. Whether you are living on the lake or inland, Crown Point offers a little piece of paradise for each individual.
Crown Point Attractions:
- Lake County Fairgrounds hosts a large variety of festivals and entertainment throughout the year
- Crown Point Farmer’s Market
- Multiple golf courses
- Lemon Lake County Park
“Stay patient and trust the journey” - Anonymous
Lisa Stevens joined Franciscan in 2005 and became the Physician & Provider Liaison for the Crown Point and South Suburban Chicago divisions in 2017. She enjoys having the opportunity to bring quality physicians and advanced practice providers to an amazing organization.
|Contact:||Physician & Provider Services Team|
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|