Physician Assistant (Colon & Rectal - Surgery) – Franciscan Physician Network – Indianapolis, Indiana
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Franciscan Physician Network is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant to meet the growing demand for colon & rectal surgery services in Indianapolis, Indiana. Interested candidate will travel between Indianapolis and Mooresville.
WHAT WE NEED:
Ideal candidate will display exceptional interpersonal skills with focus on clinical excellence and patient satisfaction. Provider will be expected to work collaboratively with physician to coordinate and deliver the highest quality of care. Physician Assistant will split time between clinic and hospital, assist in the operating room, round on inpatients and see outpatients in clinic.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Schedule: Monday – Friday, rounding on inpatients
- 1-2 Operating Room days per week; days may vary
- Clinic days will vary per week per week; depending on operating room schedule
- Outreach to Mooresville, IN
- No call expectation
- Average outpatient volume: 10-20 patients per day
- Up-to-date technologies and state-of-the-art surgical equipment
WHO WE ARE:
Franciscan Physician Network (FPN), a division of FRANCISCAN HEALTH, brings together the many primary care and specialty physician groups associated with Franciscan Health’s hospitals and access points across Indiana and Illinois. FPN includes over 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers.
With 12 hospitals, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest. Of our 260+ locations, many are nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence. Franciscan Health takes pride in providing compassionate, comprehensive care for our patients and the communities we serve.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid malpractice
- 27 days of Paid Time Off plus five additional paid days for CME with annual stipend
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Customized marketing support
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (844) 376-3627.
WHO WE ARE
A trusted leader in providing faith-based, integrated healthcare, Franciscan Health brings together the latest technology, innovative procedures and highly skilled and compassionate employees to serve our patients in Indiana, Illinois and Michigan. With a mission of "Continuing Christ's Ministry in our Franciscan Tradition," our award-winning, accredited hospitals and health facilities serve everyone with respect and compassion in a welcoming and healing environment.
Our facilities have earned Centers of Excellence designations, five-star quality awards and top rankings in our states and nationwide. Franciscan Health Indianapolis features the only full-service heart and vascular care program on the south side of Indianapolis. Our Indianapolis hospital, just north of Greenwood, was named one of the 100 top hospitals in the United States by Truven Health Analytics.
Franciscan Health Indianapolis
- Licensed bed capacity: 416
- Annual inpatient admission: 21,000
- Annual outpatient visits: 1,546,913
- Annual Emergency Department visits: 101,822
- Annual surgical procedures: 23,460
- Births: 2,491
- Total physicians: 1,339
- Franciscan Health is a member of the Mishawaka, Indiana-based Franciscan Alliance, one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest with 14 growing hospitals, approximately 20,000 employees and a number of nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence.
- The American Cancer Society has recognized Franciscan Health with a Five-Star Investor Award and a Five-Star Community Investor Award in the fight against cancer.
- Franciscan Physician Network Oncology & Hematology Specialists has been recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The QOPI® Certification Program certifies oncology practices that meet the highest quality standards for cancer care.
The program provides a three-year certification. (2014-2016)
- America’s 100 Best Critical Care Award (Healthgrades, 2014-2015)
- Recipient of Critical Care Excellence Award (Healthgrades, 2013-2015)
- 5-Star Rated for Treatment of Sepsis (Healthgrades, 2013-2015)
- 5-Star Rated for Treatment of Respiratory Failure (Healthgrades, 2013-2015)
- 5-Star Rated for Diabetic Emergency Treatment (Healthgrades, 2013-2014)
- Franciscan Health Emergency Department awarded the Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award. (June 2014)
- 5-Star Rated for Esophageal/Stomach Surgeries (Healthgrades, 2012-2015)
- 5-Star Rated for Colorectal Surgeries (Healthgrades, 2012-14)
- Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award (Healthgrades, 2013)
- No. 4 for GI services in Indiana (Healthgrades, 2013)
- 5-Star rated for Treatment of Bowel Obstruction (Healthgrades, 2013)
Major Service Lines
- Behavioral Health
- Cancer Care
- Colon & Rectal
- Heart & Vascular
- Pain Management
- Primary Care Physicians
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sleep Disorders
- Stroke Care
- Weight Loss/Bariatrics
- Women’s Health/OBGYN
- Rated Top 10% in the nation for joint replacement surgery (2009).
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Joint Replacement Excellence Award (2009)
- Recipient of the HeathGrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award (2008)
- Rated Top 5% in the nation for overall orthopedic services.
- Five-Star Rated for Joint Replacement Surgery – nine years in a row (2003-2011)
- Five-Star Rated for Total Knee Replacement – nine years in a row (2003-2011)
- Named to Solucient's Top 100 Hospitals in 2005, 2008 and 2009.
- Franciscan Health is the first Indianapolis-area hospital to use a computer navigation system, allowing surgeons to more accurately position hip and knee implants.
WHERE WE LIVE
Indianapolis, Indiana’s capital city, is in the heart of it all. Whether you are looking for a quiet suburban feel or the hustle and bustle of living in downtown, Indianapolis offers an affordable cost of living with excellent school options. Indianapolis continues to grow with thriving businesses and retailers, a strong corporate base, talented workforce, robust convention/hospitality market, and a quickly-expanding residential community with a superb quality of life. Indianapolis has a large, diverse population with many cultural events and restaurants. Indianapolis is famously associated with sporting events as it hosts two of the largest one-day sporting events in the USA: the Indianapolis 500 and the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard. It is also home to several professional sporting teams like the NBA's Pacers, the WNBA's Fever, the NFL's Colts, and the Indianapolis Indians as well as top notch sporting facilities like the Lucas Oil Stadium.
- Vibrant dining scene with a wide range of cuisines
- Indianapolis Cultural Trail
- White River State Park and the Canal Walk
- Indianapolis Museum of Art, The Children’s Museum, The Eiteljorg, and many more museums
- Various shopping districts like Mass Avenue, known for its many unique stores and boutiques; Fountain Square, an eclectic district located east of downtown, home to antique stores, art galleries and music stores; and Broad Ripple Village, an enclave that offers several trendy independent shops and boutiques.
“I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me.” - Philippians 4:13
Charlie Smith is the Physician & Provider Liaison for Central Indiana at Franciscan Physician Network. He is passionate about building relationships with the providers, FPN stakeholders, and ensuring we hire the best candidate for each position.
|Contact:||Physician & Provider Services Team|
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|