Inpatient Child / Adolescent Psychiatrist - Academic Position - Anchorage, AK
Inpatient Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist – Anchorage, AK
North Star Behavioral Health System has been among the top providers of behavioral health services in the state of Alaska since 1984, with the goal of supporting the whole family. Located in Anchorage, AK, North Star offers healing environments through our acute care and residential treatment programs.
We treat Military service members and veterans at the Chris Kyle Patriots Hospital. Our facility holds great expectations for bringing hope and healing to children and adolescents by positively impacting their emotional and behavioral health through the compassionate care we provide. Dedicated to excellence, North Star is accredited by The Joint Commission.
- Responsible for performing initial psychiatric evaluations and assessments;
- Completion of patient discharges, in accordance with hospital policies and procedures;
- Treatment team leadership;
- Daily care of patients in the acute inpatient program;
- Outpatient volume available if interested;
- Monday-Friday, days only, minimal in-house call (one weekend per month);
- Weekend on-call averages one weekend per month;
- Collegial, supportive, and caring environment that offers great work/life balance;
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth;
- Academically affiliated with University of Washington – teaching position available;
- Opportunity to work with & mentor medical students, psychiatry residents/fellows, and ANP’s.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE:
- MD/DO degree from an accredited program required
- Board Certified or Board Eligible Child/Adolescent Psychiatry required
- Licensed to practice in the State of AK or the ability to obtain an AK medical license
- Meets all credentialing criteria required by participating physicians
- Base salary; Bonus structure; Malpractice insurance coverage; Paid Time Off; Matching 401k; CME package; Health insurance package; Relocation package if needed; Sign-on bonus; Student loan assistance (if applicable); Employee stock purchase plan; Option for Independent contractor can also be considered if needed/desired.
Interested individuals should apply through this ad or directly to the In-House Physician Recruitment Department of Universal Health Services, Inc.
North Star Behavioral Health System, www.northstarbehavioral.com, is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) the nation’s largest facilities based behavioral health provider. www.uhsinc.com.
Feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss further!
In-House Physician Recruiter
North Star Behavioral Health Services
North Star Behavioral Health is a private behavioral health system in Anchorage consisting of acute behavioral health hospitals, residential treatment centers and outpatient counseling centers. NSBH is a subsidiary of Universal Health Services (UHS) and its website link is: www.northstarbehavioral.com
Anchorage is a modern city with a thriving business district and bustling international airport. As Alaska’s largest city and the 68th city of its size among U.S. cities, Anchorage is the hub of the state’s communication, transportation, health care, finance, and trade industries, supporting a vital business sector. With four universities and many technical, vocational, public and private schools Anchorage is an urban metropolis surrounded by wilderness. Cultural activities, recreational amenities and other conveniences of a large city abound.