Internal Medicine Physician - SSM Health St. Mary's - Audrain - Mexico, MO
Presence is exceptional care that delivers exceptional outcomes. We would like to invite you to share that gift as part of the Internal Medicine team at SSM Health Internal Medicine Clinic in Mexico, MO. Are you a Board Certified/Board Eligible Internal Medicine Physician who has a proven ability to engage with their colleagues and patients, and who shares our dedication to exceptional care and outcomes? If so, this opportunity is for you!
- NHSC Approved Site
- Outpatient Only
- Full Time or Part Time Options
- 4 Day Work Week Available
- Bread & Butter Primary Care
- Establish Patient Base - Join an existing team of Physicians and Nurse Practitioner
- 1:4 Call - Phone Call Only
- Nurse Practitioner Collaboration Stipend Available
- EPIC EMR Across Our Entire System
- A Competitive Salary for Two Years, Followed by wRVU Based Compensation
- Occurrence Based Malpractice Insurance
- Excellent Benefits Package - Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, and Retirement Programs
Mexico, population 11,500, is called the "Main Street of the Midwest" with its perfect combination of small-town charm and urban style. There is an abundance of local businesses, artsy boutiques and a variety of cultural offerings in the community. Mexico is the seat of Audrain County, Missouri. Its school system is well regarded and is also close to three respected universities including the University of Missouri, Westminster College and William Woods University. In addition to a strong education system, Mexico is a safe and friendly community with a stable economy, diverse employer base and low cost of living. It is within 2 hours of St. Louis and Kansas City and less than 45 minutes from The University of Missouri in Columbia and Jefferson City, the state capital.
- M.D. or D.O.
- Completion of an AOA or ACGME Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Missouri Medical License
- DEA certificate
- Board Certified/ Board Eligible in Internal Medicine
- Adherence to SSM Health values of Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Service, and Initiative
- Basic computer literacy, experience and proficiency with EHR, and timely completion of medical records
- The ability to exercise patient confidentiality, informed consent, and respect, and regard for patient needs
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.