Child Neurology w/ Arizona's Top Employer, USA's Fastest Growing County
Banner Children’s Specialists (BCS), a multispecialty group within Banner Health, is actively recruiting Child Neurologists for our main location in Mesa, AZ. The Neurosciences Division at Banner Children’s Specialists is expanding to meet the needs of a growing pediatric community. Through a collaborative arrangement between the University of Arizona and Banner Medical Group, the Banner Children’s Neurology group serves as the primary pediatric neurology service at the two pediatric hospital campuses for inpatient and outpatient clinic. Our pediatric neurology practice currently comprises 7 neurologists and 5 NPs at two sites within the greater Phoenix area.
Essential Functions and Qualifications
The team seeks BC/BE pediatric neurologists to become an active member of the pediatric neurology clinical care team, primarily practicing general neurology and contributing to any of the Division’s neurology clinical care programs such as Concussion, Children’s Postinfectious Autoimmune Encephalopathy (CPAE) and Trauma. Our goal is to work closely with Neuropsychologists and Neurosurgeons to provide quality general neurology care to the community. We seek candidates who meet the following qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited, four–year medical school and an accredited post-graduate residency program in Pediatrics and Neurology.
- Eligibility for credentialing as part of the Banner Children’s Specialists to include BE/BC Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology, active license or ability to obtain license in Arizona, and current DEA registration.
- Experience with general child neurology. Interest or additional training in specific subspecialty areas such as headaches, epilepsy (not seizure disorders), neuromuscular disorders, neonatal or neurodevelopmental neurology is a plus!
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate within a team setting and communicate effectively.
Banner Health is one of the largest integrated health care systems in the country with twenty-eight hospitals, to include the University of Arizona academic hospitals in Tucson and Phoenix, 6 long-term care centers and many outpatient clinics in six Western and Midwestern states. Our physicians work in highly integrated and innovative environments. Banner promotes collaborative team-oriented workplaces and clinical settings that focus on providing excellent patient care. Excellent compensation package includes incentives and relocation assistance; great location, and ample opportunities to grow professionally.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION.
Cardon Children's Medical Center provides comprehensive pediatric care from general to emergency, as well as services for specific childhood diseases. Highly trained physician specialists, social services staff and numerous integrative therapy programs ensure a complete range of care for children. We have a child-friendly atmosphere accented by soothing colors and dedicated play areas, as well as a volunteer dog therapy program that helps cheer up young patients during their stays.
Cardon Children's Medical Center features 248 beds, specially trained nurses and doctors and family-centered care as well as an expanded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – from 65 beds to 86 beds.
- Six pediatric operating rooms featuring 25 private, child-friendly pre- and post-op areas.
- An expanded Pediatric Emergency Department, increasing from 15 to 26 beds.
- Outpatient Treatment Center includes 16 beds that can serve as overflow for Emergency Department during peak evening hours.
- Dedicated Pediatric Radiology Department.
- Dedicated Pediatric Rehabilitation unit.
- Dedicated pediatric cancer and blood disorder unit.
- Dedicated Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, with shelled space for future PICU expansion.
Cardon Children's Medical Center is located in Mesa , AZ. is located just 15 miles from Phoenix and is home to more than 430,000 people. The city has numerous historic areas including the Temple District. This area of town surrounds the Later Day Saints(LDS or Mormon) Temple, which was built in 1927. The temple and its visitor's center attract more than two million visitors each year.
Other area attractions include the many museums and art galleries, year-round golfing, and historic Hohokam Indian sites. Spend an evening with the Mesa Symphony Orchestra or attending a play performed by the Southwest Shakespeare Company. If you like baseball, Mesa is the spring training home of the Chicago Cubs.
Nearby areas offer mega shopping malls, numerous factory outlets, wonderful restaurants of every sort, dozens of top-rated golf courses, Indian gaming centers, medical services, and many more attractions including Biosphere II, Boyce Thompson Arboretum, the Arizona Science Center, Kartchner Caverns, Saguaro and Canyon Lakes and of course, the beautiful Grand Canyon.