Infectious Disease opportunity in beautiful Richmond, Virginia
Bon Secours Mercy Health
St. Mary's Hospital, Richmond, Virginia
Bon Secours Mercy Health is currently seeking a full time Board Certified/Board Eligible Infectious Disease specialist to join their team. Experience a positive, professional work environment in a top tier facility located in one of the most livable cities in America.
- Provide inpatient and ID consultative care
- See follow up patients during two 1/2 day clinics
- 1:4 call
- Protected time for administrative duties
- Participate in sub-committees and involvement in stewardships available
- Work closely with Pharmacists and Microbiologists who work on site at St. Mary's
- Board Certified/Board Eligible Infectious Disease
- US Citizen
Established in 1966, Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital is a 391-bed facility located in Richmond’s Near West End. St. Mary’s has 1,200 associated physicians who provide over 75,000 outpatient visits annually. The hospital has a service area containing approximately 1.3 million people and primarily serves residents of the City of Richmond and Chesterfield, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, and Louisa Counties.
Highlights of the hospital include:
- Point of care testing in the Emergency Department to provide lab results and imaging in minutes.
- 28-bed Neuroscience Telemetry Unit & Neuroscience Step-down Unit, with exclusively private rooms.
- State of the art, 64 slice CT scanner adjoining the Emergency Department for ultra-fast head imaging.
- Bi-Plane interventional imaging system for cerebral angiography, delivery of intra-arterial thrombolytics & use of the MERCI ischemic stroke clot removal system.
Richmond provides easy access to the amenities of a large urban setting as well as an easy commute for those seeking a more rural lifestyle. Within two hours of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Atlantic Ocean and Washington D.C., Richmond is uniquely situated within Central Virginia. It is home to the State Capital, Washington Redskins Training Facility, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, and countless cultural, food, and music festivals. The area offers a wide range of entertainment, recreational, and leisure activities usually found in much larger cities and consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, and play!