Physician - Psychiatrist Inpatient
The position will primarily involve providing inpatient consultation-liaison psychiatric services to the hospitals of the Franciscan Health System. There may be additional opportunities for outpatient psychiatric consultation through Franciscan Medical Group’s implementation of Collaborative Care into its primary care practices if desired. The consultation-liaison (CL) psychiatrist will work with a multidisciplinary team that includes nursing and social work support. This team also includes a full-time psychologist, one full-time psychiatrist and three part-time psychiatrists. The incumbent will be required to participate as a team member in the delivery of care and services patients in accordance with Franciscan Medical Group professional standards. This includes meeting or exceeding Franciscan Medical Group standards for productivity, quality of patient care and risk management. The incumbent will have a key role on the team in leading, modeling and delivering the full range of services to our patients.
This job exists in multiple locations, and while there may be minor differences in job content, they are not significant for classification purposes. Overall, the nature of the work and job requirements is consistent between locations.
An incumbent interacts with patients directly on a daily basis.
Education/ Work Experience:
- 3-5 years experience as a practicing physician preferred.
- Sub-specialty certification in psychosomatic medicine strongly encouraged to apply.
- Prior experience with tele-psychiatric consultation is preferred though not required.
- Education and experience commensurate with requirements for providing care as outlined within Franciscan Credentialing standards and Medical Staff Bylaws based upon role and specialty of care.
- Medical Licensure in the State of Washington
- Board Certified/Eligible, recognized by AOA or ABMS as member board
- BLS required
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Provide Patient Care
· Understand, support, and implement the mission of Franciscan Medical Group and the Franciscan Health System to deliver health care to those in need in the performance of all job responsibilities to meet or exceed Franciscan Medical Group’s professional standards.
· Ensure that patient care meets or exceeds Franciscan Medical Group quality standards. Treat patients according to, and perform such clinical procedures as are consistent with, Physician’s licensure, clinical specialty and privileges, practice and training; Attend to patients in hospitals and other facilities whenever they are admitted for care in such facilities;
· Educate patients on both clinical and managed care. Promote the professional practice of Physician and of FMG; Participate in and cooperate with FMG community service activities consistent with and in furtherance of the charitable mission of FMG by, without limitation, assisting in community health and wellness education, community service activities, and treatment of indigent and charity care patients, including patients covered by Medicaid and other state health programs;
Participate in patient care team and in medical group activities.
· Participate in clinic and network task forces as requested and appropriate. Assist FMG in obtaining and maintaining any and all licenses, permits and other authorizations, plus achieving any applicable accreditation standards, including without limitation those that related to Physician’s services under this Agreement.
· Actively and regularly promote Physician services and practice in the community by participating in appropriate marketing, speaking and community activities/events as recommended or requested by Hospital or FMG.
· Function as an effective team member. Provide coverage when other physician employees at the facilities at which Physician practices are unavailable due to vacations, holidays, illness, family or medical leave, and attendance at professional activities; Participate in FMG credentialing and peer review activities; Accept Physician’s proportionate share of after-hours call coverage within practice;
· Cooperate with FMG in the event of a claim, threatened claim, or litigation involving FMG; Supervise allied professionals/advance practice clinicians, nurses and other personnel in accordance with FMG policies, procedures and applicable laws;
Meet Clinical and Productivity Standards
· Ensure that patient satisfaction meets or exceeds standards set by Franciscan Medical Group.
· Keep and maintain (or cause to be kept and maintained) appropriate records (including, without limitation, patient charts) on a timely basis relating to all professional medical services rendered by Physician. Timely basis shall constitute a twenty-four (24) hour period from the time when the professional medical service(s) was rendered.
· Effectively use clinic financial and other performance information. Prepare and maintain all reports, claims, and correspondence necessary or appropriate to the performance of professional services;
· Attend and actively participate in clinic and network-wide meetings. Attend professional conventions, post-graduate seminars and continuing medical education programs to maintain and enhance Physician’s professional skills, and participate in professional societies on a reasonable basis; Cooperate and participate with FMG in the recruitment of other physicians and medical personnel and participate in the supervision of physicians and medical personnel staff, as required.
Other: Performs related duties as required.
CHI Franciscan has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Common Spirit Health, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
At CHI Franciscan, we provide high-quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach – physical, emotional and spiritual – is essential to healing the whole person. More than 12,000 employees unite under this patient-focused mission.
Working at CHI Franciscan also provides you a bounty of opportunities to advance your career. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the nation's largest not-for-profit health care systems. Our locations include St. Clare Hospital in Lakewood, St. Francis Hospital in Federal Way, St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma, St. Elizabeth Hospital in Enumclaw, St. Anthony Hospital in Gig Harbor, Highline Medical Center in Burien, Harrison Medical Center in Bremerton and Silverdale, and Regional Hospital in Burien.
Equal Opportunity Employment Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic.
CHI Franciscan is based in the Pacific Northwest at the heart of the stunningly beautiful Puget Sound region of Washington. Our main support offices are located in Tacoma, with clinics and hospitals in King, Kitsap and Pierce counties. Here we enjoy mild weather and stunning views of Mount Rainier and the Olympic Mountains. The Puget Sound communities offer award-winning arts, cultural, and sporting events with national recognition. A region of economic and cultural diversity, The Puget Sound is a great place to work, play and raise a family.