Nurse Practitioner (FNP) in Vergennes, VT
Location: Vergennes, VT
Schedule: 40 hours/week, Monday - Friday
Meridian Behavioral Health LLC is a leader in behavioral health care and addiction recovery services, with a network of addiction treatment centers nationwide. Our Vergennes, VT location, Valley Vista is looking for a Nurse Practitioner. This is a small 19-bed women's residential treatment facility.
As an NP with us, you'll handle admissions of new patients, conduct histories and physicals, medical assessments and in consultation with a Psychiatrist, manage psychotropic medications.
- Obtains comprehensive medical histories and performs physical examinations and assessments;
- Orders appropriate diagnostic tests; analyzes data results of patient examinations and diagnostic tests to correctly diagnose and manage patients;
- Collaborates with psychiatrist and clinical team, as necessary, to verify diagnosis, identify high-risk situations or alerts to changes in patient’s status and takes appropriate action;
- Provides medical management and/or other interventions for acute and chronic health problems;
- Administers medication;
- Performs procedures according to established methods within the scope of practice;
- Provides appropriate follow-up care and/or referral to other health care resources;
- Provides patient/patient’s family with appropriate education;
- Provides health maintenance and disease management counseling to patients;
- Serves as a liaison and a resource for physicians, health care team members, patients and families
- Participates in plans for health promotion, prevention and maintenance;
- Completes all charting and documentation and assures appropriate fees/billing codes are used for professional services.
- Provide and supervise medication assisted detoxification from substances
- Licensed by the Vermont State Board
- Prescriptive authority with Suboxone waiver or willing to become waviered.
- Minimum 1-year experience in a chemical dependency facility or related and 2-3 years related experience required, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- 20 days of paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Passionate co-workers
- A job with a sense of purpose as you help people on their path to recovery
We owe our success to the passion, commitment and expertise of our staff. Many have been through our program personally and know what it takes to get back on that road to recovery – and stay there. Our licensed and experienced staff takes the role of coach/teacher, providing support and encouragement from the heart. Come join us and see the difference you’ll make!
Meridian Behavioral Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics.
|Phone:||802-222-5201 ext 308|
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|