Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Prompt Care (PRN)
PRN/Per Diem Advanced Practice Provider (APP) for our Prompt Care Walk-In Medical Clinics in the Tacoma Metro Area.
Providers must be licensed by the state to provide routine diagnostic, therapeutic and emergency care for patients; may maintain a patient case load and have specialized training in a clinical area. Clinical problems treated by the ARNP shall include, but not be limited to health maintenance, common acute illnesses, management of stable chronic disease, minor surgical procedures, office procedures and orthopedics consistent with the community standard for primary care providers.
- Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
- Performs complete physical exams and records findings. Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Manage stable chronic disease in the scope of ARNP expertise, and refer patients with illness beyond the scope of expertise to the appropriate specialty or sub-specialty.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Administers medications and injections within scope of ARNP expertise.
- Interviews and advises patients and family regarding treatment, health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Maintains and reviews patients records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts test and examination results.
- Uses Universal Precautions including personal protective equipment for anticipated contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Master's degree in Nursing.
- Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program.
- One year of previous Nurse Practitioner experience required.
- Current State RN/ARNP license with prescriptive authority.
- CPR certification.
- AANP certification.
- ANCC certification.
- BCLS required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values.
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
CHI Franciscan has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Common Spirit Health, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
At CHI Franciscan, we provide high-quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach – physical, emotional and spiritual – is essential to healing the whole person. More than 12,000 employees unite under this patient-focused mission.
Working at CHI Franciscan also provides you a bounty of opportunities to advance your career. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the nation's largest not-for-profit health care systems. Our locations include St. Clare Hospital in Lakewood, St. Francis Hospital in Federal Way, St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma, St. Elizabeth Hospital in Enumclaw, St. Anthony Hospital in Gig Harbor, Highline Medical Center in Burien, Harrison Medical Center in Bremerton and Silverdale, and Regional Hospital in Burien.
Equal Opportunity Employment Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic.
CHI Franciscan is based in the Pacific Northwest at the heart of the stunningly beautiful Puget Sound region of Washington. Our main support offices are located in Tacoma, with clinics and hospitals in King, Kitsap and Pierce counties. Here we enjoy mild weather and stunning views of Mount Rainier and the Olympic Mountains. The Puget Sound communities offer award-winning arts, cultural, and sporting events with national recognition. A region of economic and cultural diversity, The Puget Sound is a great place to work, play and raise a family.
A Great Place to Call Home
Whether you desire city sophistication or off-trail adventures, the south Puget Sound has it all. The Northwest’s bountiful waters and mountains provide an active, outdoor lifestyle. Spend a day hiking the face of a volcano, exploring saltwater beaches, or playing a championship golf course. The next day enjoy our vibrant art and theater communities and world class fine dining. Add good schools, several nationally ranked colleges and universities, a strong economic business community and affordable housing to the mix, the South Puget Sound is also a great place to raise a family. Truly one of the most desirable places to live in the United States.
We are part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care. With its national office in Chicago and a team of approximately 150,000 employees and 25,000 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit Health operates 142 hospitals and more than 700 care sites across 21 states. In FY 2018, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health had combined revenues of $29.2 billion and provided $4.2 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unreimbursed government programs. Learn more at www.commonspirit.org
|E-mail:||Click here to e-mail.|