Inpatient Adult Psychiatry - Tucson, AZ - Full Time/Employed w/ Optional Loan Repayment
Adult Psychiatrist - Inpatient/Acute Setting - Tucson, AZ
Palo Verde Behavioral Health has a longstanding reputation for stability in mental health and substance use treatment, serving patients in and around Tucson since 1960. We offer individualized, inpatient and intensive outpatient treatment programs for adults and adolescents.
We are currently seeking to add a like-minded, quality-focused Adult Psychiatrist to our team at Palo Verde Behavioral Health, in Tucson, AZ.
- 84-bed freestanding behavioral health hospital
- Hospital provides care to adolescents ages 12-17 through adults
- Average Length of Stay = 6-7 days
- Inpatient, outpatient (recent expansion), IOP, crisis intervention, substance abuse
- Well-established medical staff/leadership team - Melissa Eckstein, CEO (4 years tenure); Dr. Mark Helms, Medical Director (10 years tenure)
- Provide inpatient/acute psychiatric care to mostly adult population;
- Employed, full-time position;
- Monday-Friday, day schedule;
- Minimal Call/Weekends - one evening per week and one weekend per month;
- Excellent compensation package, including competitive Base Salary and additional earnings through Productivity Bonus Program;
- Robust Benefit Package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k w/ Company Match, CME allowance, malpractice coverage, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid-Time Off (PTO), Sign-on Bonus, etc.
- Manageable workload for outstanding work-life balance - Average 15 patients per day (total encounters)
- MD/DO degree from an accredited program required;
- Board Certified or Board Eligible Psychiatry required;
- Licensed to practice in the State of Arizona or the ability to obtain an Arizona medical license; and
- Meets all credentialing criteria required by participating physicians.
Feel free to reach out to me directly for additional details!
Daniel A. Wilson
In-House Physician Recruiter
Palo Verde Behavioral Health
Subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc.
Located in Tucson, AZ Palo Verde Behavioral Health is an 84 bed psychiatric hospital offering inpatient and intensive outpatient programs for adolescents, adults and older adults with diverse psychiatric, dual diagnoses and substance abuse treatment issues. Each program has a team of dedicated multidisciplinary professionals. Treatment is based on a combination of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectic Behavioral therapy (DBT) modalities to help patients find balance in their lives.
Tucson is a part of the larger Tucson-Nogales metropolitan area and has an estimated population close to 1 million. It is the 2nd largest city in Arizona with a thriving economic environment. The metro area is attractive to all lifestyles with many amenities including education systems of all levels; shopping; cultural and sporting events/activities; outdoor and recreational attractions; and much more.
Palo Verde Behavioral Health is a private for profit behavioral health treatment center owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS).