General Radiology opportunity in WA-contribute to our high standard of care and join our fantastic network of providers!
At Astria Health, we are passionate about our work. Our providers specialize in a variety of fields and are committed to the well-being of their community. Some of our specialists are doing procedures no other hospitals in our area are doing! With 3 local hospitals, 14 primary care & walk-in clinics, 24 specialty clinics, and over 100 employed providers; we are carrying out our vision to build sustainable healthcare organizations that deliver comprehensive quality care to improve health in the communities we serve.
Astria Health, headquartered in the heart of Yakima Valley WA, is the parent non-profit organization of Astria Sunnyside Hospital, Astria Toppenish Hospital, and Astria Regional Medical Center in Yakima.
We are a privately and locally owned health system that brought together 3 local hospitals that have strong connections to our communities. In doing so, we are truly caring out our mission through:
- New or expanded patient care services
- Access to care
- New physician services
- New technologies
- Attracting and retaining engaged professionals who share our vision
We need a BE/BC diagnostic radiologist that is comfortable interpreting both adult and pediatric imaging to join our team of general and interventional radiologists at our Astria Sunnyside Hospital. This position will not include vascular or interventional radiology privileges. We offer a full range of technologically advanced imaging services to provide the highest quality of diagnostic and therapeutic services including:
- 3-D Mammography
- Nuclear Medicine
- Bone Densitometry
- Breast Imaging
- CT Scan
- X-ray and Fluoroscopy
IDEAL POSITION INCLUDES:
- Above market compensation, production incentives, full comprehensive health benefit packages, sign on/commencement bonuses, relocation and CME allowances, possible medical educational assistance payments, visa sponsorships, possible residency/fellowship stipends, vacation, malpractice, retirement, and a collegial work environment!
- Full time, hospital employed position with no-call –after hours is done by tele-radiology. (Time to enjoy your family, take in a show, yoga at a winery, biking, hiking, fishing, an outdoor concert, winery/microbrewery tours etc-the possibilities are endless and you don’t have to travel, fight the crowds, or wait in long lines!)
- Inviting and warm culture with supportive administration and staff.
- A close knit community who embraces their providers!
- Bilingual in Spanish would be a plus.
We are only 2 ½-3 hour drive to the big 3-Seattle, Portland, and Spokane and about 5 hours to Vancouver BC. We also have an airport for a quick 25 min flight to Seattle. We’re surrounded by many vineyards, wineries, rolling hills, orchards, rivers, and Mt. Adams and Rainier in the background, --An absolute scenic, picturesque and beautiful part of WA! With over 300 days of sunshine and 4 distinct yet mild seasons, you can enjoy all the fun and adventure our region has to offer and we have no state income tax so you can keep more of your earnings!
ASTRIA SUNNYSIDE HOSPITAL (ASH)
Our only Critical Access Hospital within our health system, offers services you typically wouldn’t see or expect in a smaller community. The hospital is located within the Yakima Valley and about 35/40 miles east of Yakima and 35/40 miles west of Tri Cities, WA. The 25 bed hospital is a CAH that operates a series of primary and specialty clinics. The hospital offers a 24 hour level IV ER dept., 7 bed ICU, 3 general OR and 1 dedicated for c-sections, a level I cardiac facility, a cancer center, a FBC, inpatient and ambulatory surgical center including neurological, orthopedic, general, plastic, vascular, ENT, and hospitalists. The hospital also offers HBOT, wound care, advanced imaging and diagnostics, and a comprehensive psychiatric program. ASH serves more than 80,000 residents of the Yakima Valley and takes pride in providing the absolute highest standard of care with world-class services. (Astria Health service area encompasses more than 300,000 residents.)
What comes to mind when you think of WA? Seattle, Rain, Metropolitan, Cold and Cloudy? Central WA (Yakima Valley) is quite the opposite! Bet you’ll be surprised to find:
- A growing population and thriving economy (Yakima County over 250,000, our catchment area over 300,000)
- Over 300 days of blissful sunshine with 4 distinct mild seasons
- Beautiful region located on the sunny-side of the state great for outdoor concerts, shopping, dining, and of course coffee!
- Every outdoor activity you can think of among some of the most beautiful scenery--rolling hills, vineyards, produce stacked in bins/fruit stands/farmers markets, rivers and lakes, fishing, camping, hiking, biking, hunting, skiing, with spectacular views of Mt. Adams and Mt. Rainier while you drive up the valley!
- Calmer living-balance between life and work
- Growing agricultural center and one of the country's most important agricultural hubs
- World class wineries and microbreweries
- Highly rated private and public schools-some with great sports programs, music programs, and academic excellence-high graduating class/college bound. In recent years, several grads from schools in the Lower Valley of Yakima entered into Medical School!
- Arts/Sports/Entertainment-symphony, Seasons Performance Hall, concerts, ballet, sporting events, museums, Yakima Capital Theatre, local art gallery and much more!
- Low cost of living –some of the most reasonable housing cost in the PNW
- Medical DO school (PNWU)
- Family Medicine Residency program
- Short commute and virtually no traffic!
- We are within a 2 1/2-3 hours’ drive to the big 3--Seattle, Spokane, Portland
- Yakima and Pasco (Tri-Cities) airports