The Greenville VA Health Care Center in North Carolina is seeking board certified or board eligible psychiatrists to join our team of experts. The successful candidate should be an experienced psychiatrist with a record of clinical and academic achievements that demonstrate a commitment to clinical service. Our psychiatrists serve as collaborative members of a multidisciplinary team in managing an outpatient panel. Administrative responsibilities, teaching and supervising medical students and residents are possible. Highlights include:
- Full time position, in an outpatient office setting.
- More time to spend with patients. Initial appointment are seen in 1 hr increments, follow-up patients in 30 minute increments.
- Monday- Friday work schedule with no call associated.
- Potential faculty appointment with the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
- Utilize the most sophisticated Integrated Electronic Medical Records network with centralized patient registration and billing.
Compensation is commensurate with education, training and experience. Compensation formula includes base salary and market rate. In addition there is an annual incentive bonus based on quality and service measures such as patient satisfaction and performance appraisal. VA employees also enjoy a robust Government benefit package that includes medical, retirement, dental, vision, malpractice insurance, flexible spending accounts, long term care insurance 26 paid vacation days, 13 paid sick days, and 10 paid holidays. Loan repayment may also be available.
Greenville VA Health Care Center Information:
The Greenville VA Health Care Center, formally known as the Greenville Community Based Outpatient Center has been in operation since 1999. The new VA Health Care Center is a new state-of-the-art facility with increased specialty care access within an 116,000-square foot clinic located on 12 acres. The new multi-specialty clinic offers services that include, but is not limited to, primary care, mental health treatment, women’s health, radiology, audiology, cardiology, orthopedics, optometry, dental services and laboratory and dental services. The VA Health Care Center has an academic affiliation with East Carolina’s Brody School of Medicine. Residents and medical students routinely rotate through this facility.
Located just inland off the North Carolina Coast, Greenville, NC offers all the amenities of a metro, University town, while offering a front-porch friendly feel of hospitality. As the cultural, educational and economic hub of eastern, NC, Greenville has a population of around 84,500. Mild and pleasant seasonal weather and low cost of living make this a highly desirable location to live, work, and play!
For immediate consideration and more information please contact Keith Liles, VA National Health Care Recruitment Consultant.
VA National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S.Territories.
More than 7.9 million Veterans, their family members, and survivors are enrolled in the VA Health System, with more than 6.3 million seeking treatment each year. Currently, that annual treatment involves 773,600 inpatient visits and 60 million outpatient visits. About 250,000 full-time employees and 90,000 health professional trainees work in interdisciplinary care teams to deliver those patient services daily.
VA's patient population crosses a wide spectrum of individuals, from elderly World War II Veterans, to baby boomer Vietnam Vets, to today's younger heroes who served during the Gulf War era and in the present day Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. VA also serves a growing number of women Veterans, who currently account for seven percent of the total Veteran population.
Greenville VA Health Care Center Information:
The Greenville VA Health Care Center is a new 116,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility providing integrated Primary Care and Mental Health services to enrolled Veterans. The facility also offers multiple medical and surgical specialties that include, but are not limited to, radiology, laboratory, audiology, cardiology, neurology, orthopedics, optometry, dental services, physical therapy, gastroenterology, and minor procedures. The Greenville VA Health Care Center has an academic affiliation with East Carolina’s Brody School of Medicine and is under the administrative oversight of the Durham VA Medical Center. Residents and medical students routinely rotate through this facility.
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation
- 10 paid Federal holidays per year
- 5 ,,,,,,Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA) Lifetime Healthcare Insurance options available
- Dental &,,,,,, Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits, 2) FERS-RAE basic benefits (pension), and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee’s salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee’s salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2020, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $19,500, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $25,500.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years’ service