The Hunters Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center in Richmond, VA is seeking a BC/BE Psychiatrists. The Ideal candidate is an independent care provider who is highly skilled in the management of patient's mental health needs. Main responsibilities will consist of performing general psychiatric assessment and treatment in a multi-disciplinary setting composed of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and peer-support specialists. Therapeutic and clinical services associated with this position will include medication management, treatment planning, and other specialized services as needed. The employee will work closely with his/her colleagues to provide comprehensive, state-of-the-art mental health care. VA Psychiatrist enjoy spending adequate time with their patients. Psychiatrist are allowed 1 hr. to visit with intake patients and 30 minutes to visit with follow-up patients.
U.S. Citizenship, a full, active, and unrestricted U.S. medical license are required.
Schedule: Flexible 8 hr. shifts. Optional 4-day work schedule available.
The city of Richmond combines big-city amenities with southern charm and ease. Traffic usually means it takes 10 minutes to get somewhere instead of five, which is good if you're trying to get to a reservation at a James Beard nominated restaurant, a gallery opening or a new exhibit at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. The city is home to easy parking, restaurants that win raves from local fans and national media and some of the best street art in the entire country. Shop at fun boutiques and vintage shops or stroll through Carytown, the city of Richmond is ready to impress.
- VA boasts a comprehensive compensation and benefits package (Paid Time-Off, Professional/Personal Insurance Coverages, 401K, CME, and Retirement, etc.).
- Recruitment incentive of 10K per year for 3 years.
- Selected candidate may be eligible for student loan repayment thru the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Participation is based on funds availability.
- Competitive Compensation 245K to 270K
- Work with the best and most appreciative patient populations in the country
About the VA
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
To learn more, contact Keith Liles, National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant @ email@example.com
Since 1946, the Richmond VAMC has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can. Services are available to more than 200,000 veterans coming from 52 cities and counties covering 22,515 miles of central and southern Virginia and parts of northern North Carolina.
VHA Mission StatementHonor America's Veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.
VHA Vision StatementVHA will continue to be the benchmark of excellence and value in health care and benefits by providing exemplary services that are both patient centered and evidence based.
This care will be delivered by engaged, collaborative teams in an integrated environment that supports learning, discovery and continuous improvement.
It will emphasize prevention and population health and contribute to the nation's well-being through education, research and service in National emergencies.
Core Values - "I CARE"
- Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
- Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA's mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
- Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
- Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.
Community-Based Outpatient Clinics