The FM Psychologist provides psychosocial assessment of family medicine patients and aids in the instruction of the family medicine residents' education. They provide supportive psychotherapy to patients and their family members or caretakers requiring emotional and psychosocial assistance. The FM Psychologist is responsible for the residency behavioral medicine program curriculum and needs, including but not limited to precepting, teaching within didactics/groups individually, and providing support and evaluation of the Family Medicine Residents. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
* Meeting with new patients and their families for psychosocial needs assessment and to examine support and coping resources
* Conducting behavioral rounds with the FM residents on the inpatient service
* Acting as a patient/family advocate as they navigate the health care system
* Develop and maintain support groups to enhance the quality of care to patients and their families
* Providing collaborative care with other members of the health care team to provide optimal care
* Licensed in the state of Virginia. ABPP certification in clinical or health psychology preferred.
* Doctoral degree in clinical psychology
* Three years clinical or residency clinic experience preferred
* Knowledge and comfort meeting the needs of patients from age 17 to geriatrics
Enjoy employment with HCA Physician Services Group offering competitive compensation and full benefits package. Benefits include paid time off, CME, 401K with generous match and health/dental insurance.
LewisGale Medical Center, serving patients for over 100 years, is a 506-bed, stroke certified tertiary facility in Southwest Virginia. The system includes four hospitals, two regional cancer centers, six outpatient centers and affiliations with 700 physicians representing a wide range of disciplines and specialties. LewisGale Regional Health System is part of the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), the nation's leading healthcare provider with over 160 hospitals and more than 100 surgery centers in 20 states and Great Britain.
As a place to live and work, Southwest Virginia has it all; affordable housing, outstanding K through 12 schools, and nationally-recognized colleges and universities. Surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Appalachian Trail, there is an offering of year-round breathtaking scenery, along with arts, culture, restaurants, outdoor activities, water sports, and so much more.
Delivering Excellent Care with a Team Approach
At LewisGale Regional Health System, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Our physicians make an impact every day as integral partners in one of the nation's leading hospital systems-recognized for its advanced, evidence-based practices and commitment to compassionate patient care.
In addition to offering a variety of specialty services and an exceptional level of skill by our physicians, nurses and other staff members, the LewisGale healthcare family has long been best known for compassion, dedication and friendliness. We're committed to excellence and believe that top-quality healthcare is best delivered through team effort in a safe, professional and service-oriented environment.