The San Mateo Medical Center (SMMC) is a county-based health system serving patients in San Mateo County, California. Our system includes an extensive primary care network, an acute care hospital, medical and surgical sub-specialty services, and long-term care. This is an ideal position for a Gastroenterologist who is interested in gaining leadership experience and caring for an underserved population.
This position will:
- Provide up to 1.0 FTE clinical care (partial FTE is available)
- Provide care in outpatient GI and Liver Clinics
- Provide endoscopies and colonoscopies; Fluoroscopy Certificate and Competency in ERCPs desired, but not required
- Provide consultative services to Primary Care, the ED and Inpatient Services
- Provide 24/7 call services one weekend/month
- Participate in weekday call rotation
Provider will enter into a 1-year contract with the County of San Mateo and be compensated at the MGMA median Western rate, including call coverage. The expectation is that this contract will be extended to a multi-year contract by agreement between the physician and SMMC. The provider is expected to be Board Eligible in Gastroenterology, have a current California Medical License and provide his or her own benefits.
Please submit a Letter of Interest and CV to: Dr. Evelyn Haddad, Medical Director, Specialty Services, San Mateo Medical Center, 222 W. 39th Avenue, San Mateo, CA, 94403, email@example.com