Hematologist for Leukemia and Cellular Therapy Program
Excellent opportunity to join an expanding group with prestigious Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center (BMDACC). The Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology is actively recruiting a BE/BC Staff Hematologist/Oncologist with interest or expertise in acute leukemia to join our established group. Practicing at our main location on the Banner Gateway Medical Center (BGMC) campus in Gilbert, AZ, this person will support our leukemia and cellular therapy program.
We are seeking applicants with:
- Excellent clinical training and experience in hematology/oncology
- Interest in hematologic malignancies, acute leukemia and stem cell transplant
- Comfortable supporting a team and growing with the needs of the program
- Candidates with a strong interest in clinical research and medical education are encouraged to apply
Features of practicing with the BMDACC Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology:
- A collaborative team that includes 30 hematology-oncology physicians, providing outstanding research-driven, multidisciplinary care for patients with all types of malignancies
- A main campus that offers state-of-the-art technologies for disease-oriented, multidisciplinary cancer care and opportunities for participation in clinical research, designed with experts from The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- The prestige of working with a partnership of industry leaders: #1 in cancer care – MD Anderson Cancer Center, and nationally recognized Banner Health that is also one of the largest integrated health care system in the country and the largest employer in Arizona
- An academic appointment with UT Texas MD Anderson can be requested for qualified candidatesBanner Health, a Top 10 Health System for clinical performance according to Thomson Reuters, has teamed up with the MD Anderson Cancer Center, repeatedly ranked number one by U.S. News and World Report in cancer care, to open the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. This center is the broadest extension of MD Anderson's services outside of Houston and brings an unprecedented level of cancer care to the greater Phoenix area and entire southwest region.
WE OFFER YOU generous compensation including: competitive base salary plus incentives (wRVU) + paid malpractice + paid CME plus allowance + 401k matching and 457(b) deferred compensation plans + excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family. Additionally, we offer a culture where your voice is valued and your well-being matters.
Please submit your letter of interest and CV for immediate consideration.
Banner Health supports a drug free work environment. Please, No Agency Solicitation!Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or veteran status except where such distinction is required by law. All positions at Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment. Not a J1 opportunity.
Banner Health and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center opened the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center on Sept. 26, 2011 on the campus of Banner Gateway Medical Center in Gilbert, Ariz. To provide the best care to all of the Phoenix area, we have extended our services to other Banner campuses including Banner Thunderbird Medical Center in Glendale, and Banner University Medical Center, downtown Phoenix.
The center joins Banner Health, one of the country’s largest nonprofit hospital systems, with MD Anderson, internationally renowned for its cancer treatment and research, to deliver unprecedented levels of cancer care in Arizona.
MD Anderson’s mission to “eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research, education and prevention” complements Banner Health’s mission “to make a difference in people’s lives through excellent patient care.” MD Anderson is one of only 40 comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute. For seven of the past nine years, MD Anderson has ranked No. 1 in cancer care in "America's Best Hospitals" a survey published annually in U.S. News & World Report.
While the cancer center will provide care for all types of cancers, our primary focuses include:
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancers
- Gynecologic cancers
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancers
- Liquid tumors, such as lymphoma and leukemia
- Convenience, accessibility and healing are the cornerstones of the center.
- Its design merges the “high tech” world of medicine with the “high touch” needs of cancer patients to provide customized, holistic care.
- The center’s unique environment incorporates proven evidence-based design theories to enhance healing such as natural light, artwork, water features and views of nature.
- Patient and family amenities include:
- Expansive lobbies
- Outdoor balconies for infusion therapy
- Larger patient rooms and treatment areas
- Patient and family support
- Retail services