Ranked in top 5% nationwide for patient safety; HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award; Academic Affiliation with Thomas Jefferson University; Level I Trauma Center; Busiest ED in Pennsylvania with 137,000 visits annually, including a 16-bed Pediatric Emergency Medicine Unit and a 10-bed Psychiatric Emergency Services Unit; Ranked in top 5% of hospitals nationally for financial accreditation.
Berks County offers excellent schools, colleges, parks, and a multitude of cultural, recreational, shopping and sporting attractions are in the vicinity. You will enjoy country living with easy accessibility to shore points, two airports and major metro areas, such as Philadelphia, Washington DC and New York City.
Reading Hospital, a 750-bed tertiary care facility located in West Reading, PA, is seeking Board Eligible/Board Certified Adult Psychiatrists to help serve a population of over 400,000.
Details for this full-time inpatient position:
- 40-bed, state-of-the-art psychiatric pavilion on Reading Hospital's main campus
- 2 floors, 20-beds on each floor
- 3 Physicians a 1 Nurse Practitioner cover the unit daily
- 12 patient cap for physicians
- 8 hours of rounding per day
- All private rooms; Open area for lunch and crafts next to nurses station (full visibility)
Additional Psychiatric services offered by Tower Health, but not within this provider's job description, include: An 18-bed medical complexity unit, a 20-bed residential substance abuse detox and rehab, a dedicated C/L service, extensive outpatient services throughout Berks County, including partial hospitalization and an Assertive Community Treatment Program. Other services include Medication Assisted Treatment, Behavioral Medicine Pain Management, and a Senior Assessment Program.
- Competitive salary
- Educational loan assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Attractive physician incentive program
- Generous CME stipends and time off
- Claims-made malpractice insurance including tail coverage
- 403b and 457b retirement plans with company match through Lincoln Financial
- Excellent health/dental/vision benefits
- Spousal job search support
MD or DO; Board Certified/Board Eligible in Adult Psychiatry.