Bon Secours Mercy Health is seeking a talented General Surgeon with fellowship training to join our team in Richmond, Virginia!
Bon Secours Mercy Health
Bon Secours Medical Group has an opening for a talented surgeon to join their well respected and medically sophisticated program at Memorial Regional Medical Center. This unique opportunity is for a physician interested in practicing both Minimally Invasive and General Surgery at the second busiest hospital in the Richmond region. Bon Secours Surgical Specialists is a well-established, highly successful subspecialty practice that is a model of care for our health system. Our practice philosophy is to provide excellent care, be patient focused and demonstrate a commitment to great patient experiences.
• 50% Minimally invasive, foregut and esophagel surgery and 50% General surgery
• Average Daily census is 16 patients a day and twelve cases per week
• 4 ½ days of clinic and protected/blocked time in the OR
• Access to Divinci XI robots, all laproscopic equipment and LINX (will train)
• Four General Surgeons and three Acute Care Surgeons on team
• Other surgery subspeclities include Surgical Oncology, Heptobiliary, Pancreatic, Duodenal, Peritoneal Surface Malignancies, Gastric, Colorectal, Breast, Endcorin, Pelvic, Skin and Soft Tissue Surgeries
• General Surgery call is very minimal, maybe 1:4
• Committee involvement
• Outreach and marketing opportunities available
• US Citizen
• BC/BE General Surgery
• Fellowship training
• Must have experience with robotics
Welcome to Memorial Medical Center - Your Patient-Centered Medical Home. It is our sincere desire to give you the best health care possible. We specialize in internal medicine and provide compassionate primary care through all stages of adult life.
Office hours & appointments
Our office is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. In most circumstances, we can accommodate same-day appointments upon your phone call. Please contact us 24 hours in advance to cancel your appointment.
In order to provide you with the best possible care, we need the most up-to-date information about you. Please remember to bring your insurance card and a list of all medications you are taking.
Map & Directions
Insurance and payment information
We accept most insurance plans, including Medicare. Many plans require that you make a co-payment at the time of your visit. For self-pay patients, payment is expected in full at the time of service. We accept cash, checks, VISA and MasterCard.
Patients may contact the practice manager to discuss options for financial assistance. If you have any questions regarding your bill, please contact our business office at 804-521-9300 or 800-732-7072.
Have a question? That's why we are here! Feel free to call us Monday through Friday. Our staff will make every effort to answer your call. If all of our staff are assisting patients and you receive voicemail, please leave your name, date of birth, two telephone numbers where you may be reached, and a brief description of your medical problem so that we may process your call promptly.
Since our physicians are caring for patients, only in the event of an urgent medical situation will the physician be called to the telephone immediately.
For emergencies, our physicians are available to you 24 hours a day. You can call our main office number at 804-764-1253, and after hours you will be transferred to our on-call physician service. If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
We request 72 hours notice for processing physician referrals, except in the case of an emergency.
For your convenience, refill requests for medications other than controlled drugs may be requested through your pharmacy, and your pharmacy will submit the request to us. Medication refill requests should be made during normal business hours. We request 48 hours to process refill requests.
Please remember that in certain situations, appropriate medical care requires the benefit of a patient examination before a prescription can be filled.
Your records are confidential and will not be released without a signed consent from you.
Some of our comprehensive services include:
- Annual physicals
- Chronic care for diseases such as diabetes, hypertension and obesity
- Senior care
- Acute care
The Patient-Centered Medical Home is an approach to providing comprehensive primary care through all stages of life with a team of people who will care for your every need and navigate you through confusing healthcare issues.
- Take personal responsibly and accountability for ongoing care of patients
- Accessible to patients on short notice for expanded hours and open access scheduling
- Conduct consultations through MyChart and telephone
- Maintain updated electronic personal health record
- Conduct regular check-ups with patients to identify health crises, and initiate treatment/prevention measures before costly, last-minute emergency procedures are required