Associate Chief Hospitalist
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Do you have big ideas and even bigger ambitions? Sound Physicians is seeking a physician leader who is passionate about embracing innovation. Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. As healthcare becomes more complex it takes a resilient leader to collaborate and find new ways to bring a team together and provide high-quality care for patients every day. We’ve made deep investments in our learning & development team who have a host of material to accelerate onboarding and mentorship to ensure colleague success in new roles.
- Customized learning platform geared toward physicians at all stages of their professional and personal development
- Contributions are valued and rewarded through concentrated efforts and deep investments in our people
- Specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
Here For You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. As an Associate Chief Hospitalist, we know you will add tremendous value to the organization as you are afforded the autonomy to make program-scale decisions and develop innovative solutions that make Sound an employer of choice for clinicians and partner of choice for hospitals. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
- Path to Partnership program for employed physicians that provides additional incentives
Join A Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
Cleveland Clinic Akron General, a 532-bed, non-profit hospital, has been recognized as one of "America's Best Hospitals" by US News & World Report and was HealthCare's Most Wired Winner in 2014. The hospital boasts a full range of subspecialty support to include anesthesiology, endoscopy, a heart and vascular center, infectious disease, nephrology, pain management, radiology, pulmonary medicine, surgery, and urology. The Associate Chief position is 100% clinical with an excellent opportunity to grow into leadership within Sound!
- Affiliated with World-renowned Cleveland Clinic
- Established team of 24 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and clinical performance nurse
- Family & internal medicine residencies on-site
- Board certification in internal medicine with 4+ years of hospitalist experience preferred
Are you ready to reach your greatest human potential? Apply today!
Location and Lifestyle
Located on 35 minutes from Cleveland, Akron is the 5th largest city in Ohio, with a population of approximately 700,000 in the Greater Akron Metropolitan area. Home to theaters, museums, cultural centers, and ample restaurants and shopping hot spots, Akron offers something for everyone! If you enjoy golf, the PGA World Golf Championships travels to Akron each year for the Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone Country Club! If you love laid-back family festivals, Akron hosts the National Hamburger Festival, consisting of different vendors serving original recipe hamburgers and a Miss Hamburger contest! If you are more of an art lover, the E.J. Thomas Hall regularly shows performances by the Akron Symphony Orchestra, Broadway musicals, ballets, comedies, lectures, and entertainers! If you have an itch to travel, the Akron-Canton Regional Airport and Cleveland Hopkins International Airport are both easily accessible so you can see the world! Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio and Erie Canal, Akron is a vital heartland city and an ideal place to live and work in the Midwest.