Orthopedic Surgeon Generalist Needed to Join Hospital Employed Group
Be Valued and Recognized
St. Lawrence Health System's, Canton-Potsdam Hospital seeks a BC/BE Orthopedic Surgeon to join our team. We are replacing a very busy physician, so the opportunity is turn-key with an immediate full patient load. This is a hospital employed position with incredible earning potential.
- Join a stable department of four Orthopedic surgeons and two advanced practitioners
- The vacancy created by a departing physician. Turn-key opportunity
- A full scope of practice with outpatient, inpatient, and procedures
- Level III Trauma Center
- Hospital employed
- Competitive guaranteed base salary commensurate with experience/training
- RVU productivity on top of base salary
- Generous sign-on and year-one retention bonus
- Up to $15,000 in relocation
- Six weeks of benefit time to include CME's
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 403(b) and 457(b)
- Paid malpractice
The St. Lawrence Health System (SLHS) was formed in 2013 to improve health, elevate the standard of care, enhance the patient experience, and gain efficiencies through collaboration.
SLHS is the parent organization for two not-for-profit hospitals, a captive medical practice, and a foundation:
- Canton-Potsdam Hospital (CPH), a 94-bed general, acute-care community hospital
- Gouverneur Hospital (GH), a 25-bed critical access hospital
- Canton-Potsdam Medical Practice (CPMP)
- Canton-Potsdam Hospital Foundation
- Admissions 4,400
- Emergency Department Visits 36,000
- Outpatient Visits 260,000
- Births 570
- Medical Staff 180
- Employees (largest county employer) 1,400
- Primary care clinics (Brasher Falls, Canton, Gouverneur, Norfolk, and Potsdam)
- Specialty care clinics (Canton, Gouverneur, Massena, and Potsdam)
- After-hours clinic (Canton)
- Urgent care clinic (Potsdam)
- Outpatient behavior health
- 24/7 hospitalist program
- Chemical dependency rehabilitation and outpatient care
- Sleep therapy, respiratory therapy, echocardiography, telemedicine, and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- Outpatient physical rehabilitation offered in Brasher Falls, Canton, and Potsdam
- Speech and occupational therapies
- Outpatient laboratory and imaging services offered in Potsdam and Canton
- The Center for Cancer Care has a door-less radiation treatment design, a linear accelerator with IMRT, and infusion area
- Acute, inpatient care
- Critical care
- Distinct Observation Unit
- In-patient and ambulatory surgery
- Emergency services
- Adult, Level III trauma care
Our diverse, talented, and growing medical staff includes specialists in: allergy and immunology, addiction medicine, anesthesiology, behavioral health, cardiology, dermatology, diagnostic imaging, emergency medicine, endocrinology, family practice, gastroenterology, general surgery, infectious diseases, inpatient care, internal medicine, neurology, medical and radiation oncology, obstetrics and gynecology, ophthalmology, optometry, oral surgery, orthopedic surgery and sports medicine, otolaryngology, pain management, pathology, physiatry, pediatrics, podiatry, psychiatry, pulmonology, rheumatology, trauma surgery, urogynecology, and urology.
- To learn more about the medical staff at CPH, visit https://www.stlawrencehealthsystem.org/search/providers
- Syracuse (142 miles southwest of Potsdam, 107 miles southwest of Gouverneur)
- Burlington (117 miles east of Potsdam, 150 miles east of Gouverneur)
Guided by strategic, medical staff, and master facilities plans, SLHS hospitals have achieved incredible success when so many other small and rural hospitals struggle to survive. Resulting, consistent financial surpluses have funded a series of new construction and renovation projects designed to accommodate our growth in providers and patients and to upgrade existing facilities.
Potsdam and Canton are College communities, located 11 miles apart with two colleges in each town.
- You’ll have almost zero commute time
- Very affordable housing. The average price is under $200,000.00
- We are home to one of the best public school systems in the nation in a safe environment.
If you love the outdoors, you’ll find some of the most sought-after skiing, hiking, fishing, kayaking, and mountain biking in the state right at your doorstep.
If you enjoy a more cosmopolitan atmosphere, Ottawa and Montreal are less than 2 hours away