Physician - ICU Intensivist
Full-Time Critical Care opportunity working at our Harrison Medical Center. We seek an experienced physician trained in Pulmonary-Critical Care Medicine or Critical Care Medicine. Board Certification and active Washington State medical license are required.
- 24 weeks/year on an alternating week schedule
- Night shift: 7:00 pm - 7:00 am
- 20 bed, multi-specialty ICU with 24/7 Intensivist coverage
- Brand New Hospital with 36 bed ICU Opening in 2020
- Leapfrog Group "A" safety rating for the hospital
- American Association of Critical Care Nursing Beacon award winning ICU
CHI Franciscan offers a rewarding career with competitive compensation and benefits. We are a part of a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission centers on providing high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person.
Serving Tacoma and surrounding areas, St. Joseph Medical Center is ready to help you and your family achieve your best health, throughout all the stages of your life. Find a CHI Franciscan primary or specialty physician at clinics close to where you live or work.
Our health care services
We’ve built our programs based on your needs, recruiting the top specialists and investing in advanced technology. On-site services include:
- A Family Birth Center with a Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) and our new Midwifery Center at St. Joseph
- Around-the-clock emergency services, including a Level II Trauma Center
- Cancer care from the Puget Sound’s leading cancer specialists
- Heart care at the South Sound’s largest heart and vascular center
- Orthopedics care, including a joint replacement program that features a dedicated nurse navigator and care coordinator
- Neuroscience services, including leading-edge Gamma Knife radiosurgery for brain tumors
- And many more services
CHI Franciscan is based in the Pacific Northwest at the heart of the stunningly beautiful Puget Sound region of Washington. Our main support offices are located in Tacoma, with clinics and hospitals in King, Kitsap and Pierce counties. Here we enjoy mild weather and stunning views of Mount Rainier and the Olympic Mountains. The Puget Sound communities offer award-winning arts, cultural, and sporting events with national recognition. A region of economic and cultural diversity, The Puget Sound is a great place to work, play and raise a family.
We are part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care. With its national office in Chicago and a team of approximately 150,000 employees and 25,000 physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit Health operates 142 hospitals and more than 700 care sites across 21 states. In FY 2018, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health had combined revenues of $29.2 billion and provided $4.2 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unreimbursed government programs. Learn more at www.commonspirit.org
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic.