Psychiatrist in West Lafayette, IN
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking full-time Psychiatrists for our Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Unit located at River Bend (West Lafayette, IN). Join Meridian Health Services and work alongside nationally recognized psychiatrist, Dr. Sarfraz Khan, providing behavioral health services to children, teens, and adults.
River Bend West Lafayette Inpatient Key Responsibilities:
- Performs inpatient psychiatric evaluations in accordance with approved Department standards.
- Provides evaluations and court testimony for involuntary commitments.
- Provides psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy to patients in all categories of general psychiatry.
- Provides emergency services and night/weekend on call duties.
- Participates in treatment planning.
- Teaches medical students, provides in-service training for staff, and presents public information to community organizations as assigned.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401k with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
- Limited call
- Collegial partners
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Doctor of Medicine Degree or its foreign equivalent
- A current and valid Physician License from the State of Indiana
- Board Certified in Psychiatry
- Experience in community mental health setting preferred
River Bend Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission as a private, nonprofit psychiatric 16 bed hospital. Inpatient care is provided to adults by a multi-disciplinary team including psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, activity therapists, and nurse professionals. They are well supported by others in the health profession and together create a therapeutic environment designed for short-term intervention and mental health enhancement.
Lafayette-West Lafayette, Indiana is ideally situated between Chicago, Illinois and Indianapolis, Indiana. It is home to just over 190,000 residents and is known for its diverse community and great quality of life. It is a vibrant community of good schools, safe neighborhoods and excellent public facilities and amenities, including over 40 parks and extensive trail systems. The Community has a wide spectrum of businesses, including many nationally and internationally known high-tech corporations and institutions including Purdue University.
Meridian Health Services is a progressive healthcare organization specializing in “whole person” health, integrating physical, mental and social well-being. The focus on a broader spectrum of health including primary medical care, behavioral health and human services offers a well-rounded approach for happier, healthier patients. Meridian Health Services has been serving the community for over 35 years and is accredited by the Joint Commission and certified by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addictions.
There’s a genuine personality that translates into authentic experiences for those visiting Indiana. Here, travelers can spend their days paddling a winding river, fishing an inland lake or browsing the shops on Main Street. They can enjoy homegrown produce – and get to know the growers – at our farmer's markets, eateries and vineyards. World-class cities offer internationally renowned museums, performing arts venues and high-energy sporting events – all paired with friendliness as an added bonus. They can visit a bustling capital city, sunbathe beneath the soaring sand dunes, climb the highest hilltops or explore the deepest depths beneath the surface of the earth. Anywhere travelers go in Indiana, they’ll encounter genuine people and experiences. Even the busiest attractions aim to satisfy and delight because in Indiana, more than anywhere else, hospitality matters. That’s real. That’s Honest-to-Goodness Indiana.