MercyOne Iowa Heart Center is seeking a General Cardiologist to join its growing and the only community based practice in Ottumwa, IA. Current practice includes 1 Physician and 3 Nurse Practitioners. We offer a competitive compensation including sign on/student loan repayment, paid malpractice and 401(k) match.
- General Cardiology Weekend Call is 1:3
- Monday-Friday schedule
- Admits to 24/7 Hospitalist Service
- Newly remodeled Clinic adjacent to Ottumwa Regional
- No CT Surgery backup on-site
- Nuclear Stress, Echo and Vascular studies on site
- TEE, Loop recorder, Pacemakers Peripheral Angiograms , Cardioversions, Pacemakers, IVC implants
Iowa Heart Center was founded in 1970 and is one of the largest Cardiovascular, Cardiology & Vascular practices in the Country, with 52 Physicians on staff. Specializing in Cardiovascular Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Advanced Heart Failure, Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiology and General Cardiology. Iowa Heart Center is comprised of 11 primary locations and 30+ outreach facilities, spanning across Iowa. We are an active participant in STS Registries (adult, congenital and anesthesia) and perform more than 10,000 cardiac interventions annually. Iowa Heart locally offers Vascular Surgery, EP, Vein Center and Advanced Heart Failure support in addition to General Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology.
Ottumwa Regional Health Center is a Joint Commission accredited 221 bed full-service health center offering secondary level to residents from 8 different counties including an active wound care center, critical care services and diagnostic/therapeutic radiology critical services. For more information go to www.ottumwaregionalhealth.com
Ottumwa, Iowa, with a population of just over 25,000 and only 85 miles SE of Iowa capitol city Des Moines. Home to Indian Hills Community College and known for its downtown district featuring many beautiful buildings all on the National Register of Historic Places Ottumwa is exactly what Grant Wood had in mind with his American Gothic portrait. Spend the weekends in Ottumwa, enjoying the Airfield Museum, 16 miles of river trails for walking and biking, disc golfing, art galleries, concert venues and the indoor/outdoor Aquatic Center and Water Park. Or take a weekend getaway to Kansas City, Chicago or Saint Louis. All possible in America’s heartland! For more information go to https://welcomeandconnect.org/
To learn more contact:
Roger McMahon, Physician Employment
J-1 and H1B applicants are encouraged to apply
MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center is a not-for-profit Catholic health care provider, with a total of 875 beds, includes:
- MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center – West Lakes
- MercyOne Children’s Hospital &, Clinics
- MercyOne Centerville Medicla Center
- MercyOne Newton Medical Center
For more than 100 years, MercyOne has been an outstanding presence in the health care community in Iowa. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1893, MercyOne is the longest continually operating hospital in Des Moines.
With approximately 7,000 staff members and a medical staff of about 1,200 physicians and allied health professionals, Mercy is one of the state’s largest employers and one of the Midwest’s largest referral centers.
MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center – Des Moines is a member of Mercy Health Network (MHN) and is a part of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), a national nonprofit health organization with headquarters in Englewood, Colorado. MHN was founded in 1998 under a joint operating agreement between CHI and Trinity Health, based in Livonia, Michigan. They are two of the country’s largest Catholic, not-for-profit health organizations. MHN consists of 15 owned hospitals, one joint venture surgical hospital, 26 affiliated community hospitals, 207 owned physician clinics and one joint venture primary care physician enterprise.
In addition to operating the state’s largest medical center, MercyOne has several additional ministries including: MercyOne Medical Group Central Iowa, MercyOne Des Moines Home Care, Mercy College of Health Sciences, MercyOne Des Moines Foundation, the MercyOne Health &, Fitness Center and MercyOne ACO.
At MercyOne, we train doctors and attract faculty by offering four medical residency programs: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, General Surgery and Psychiatry.
Recognition and Awards
- Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award
- Mission: Lifeline’s Bronze-Plus Award
- Best Regional Hospital for 2017-18 by U.S. News &, World Report
- Recipient of the 2016/2017 Consumer Choice Award by National Research Corporation (NRC) for the 18th consecutive year
- MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and MercyOne West Des Moines Medical Center were the first centers in the nation to earn accreditation in cardiac electrophysiology (EP) by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC)
- MercyOne Ruan Neurology Care was named a Corporate Stars Award Sylvie recipient by the National MS Society – Upper Midwest Chapter
- MercyOne Newton Medical Center was named one of the 2017 Top 100 Rural &, Community Hospitals in the U.S.
CHI is part of CommonSpirit Health, a nonprofit, Catholic health system dedicated to advancing health for all people. It was created in February 2019 through the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health. CommonSpirit Health is committed to creating healthier communities, delivering exceptional patient care, and ensuring every person has access to quality health care. With its national office in Chicago and a team of approximately 150,000 employees, physicians and advanced practice clinicians, CommonSpirit Health operates 142 hospitals and more than 700 care sites across 21 states. In FY 2018, Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health had combined revenues of $29.2 billion and provided $4.2 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unreimbursed government programs. Learn more at www.commonspirit.org.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers and support a drug-free work environment.